Episode-level nfo and thumbnail

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
mpfl

Episode-level nfo and thumbnail

Post by mpfl »

Hi there,

I found Filebot yesterday and am excited about the automation possibilities!

I've already cleaned up the filenames of my large collection of TV shows (I hate you, Top Gear). The next step is to get all the metadata to make XBMC happy. It's awesome that the "Fetch Artwork and Nfo for TV Shows" script handles most of this, but I'm curious whether it can also grab episode-level metadata. The lowest level of granularity I'm getting at the moment is season-level banners/posters.

Thanks,

Matthias.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Episode-level nfo and thumbnail

Post by rednoah »

With the series.nfo xbmc it's got all the metadata it needs (even the direct link to the thetvdb series record). There shouldn't be any problems for xbmc to complete it's data.

Also I don't think there is episode level artwork.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mpfl

Re: Episode-level nfo and thumbnail

Post by mpfl »

Until now I've been using Media Companion (which has its own problems) to grab all the metadata I want from TVDB. I think it gets the "Episode image" that you can see here:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 4686&lid=7

The reason why I'd like to download metadata is because I've been running XBMC on AppleTV which, historically, has been pretty flaky and occasionally needs me to remove and re-add my entire media library. It's a much faster process if I have the episode-level metadata stored locally.