MAC output to NAS

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
reubdogg

MAC output to NAS

Post by reubdogg »

I'm running Filebot 3.4 on my Mac and I'm trying to move the file to my Synology NAS. I've tried --output "smb://192.168.155.5/Media" and it just ends up creating the folders in my user home folder on my mac. How do I get it to output to my NAS?
reubdogg

Re: MAC output to NAS

Post by reubdogg »

I've also tried:
--output "//DiskStation/Media/"
where "DiskStation" is the name of my Synology NAS.

When I run it, I get an error:
Failed to write xattr: java.io.File.toPath()Ljava/nio/file/Path;
[MOVE] Rename [/Volumes/Data/Users/reubenpark/Downloads/TV Shows/Parks and Recreation S05E14 HDTV x264-LOL[ettv]/Parks.and.Recreation.S05E14.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4] to [/DiskStation/Media/TV Shows/Parks and Recreation/Season 05/Parks and Recreation - S05E14 - Leslie and Ben.mp4]
[MOVE] Failed to rename [/Volumes/Data/Users/reubenpark/Downloads/TV Shows/Parks and Recreation S05E14 HDTV x264-LOL[ettv]/Parks.and.Recreation.S05E14.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4]
IOException: Failed to create folder: /DiskStation/Media/TV Shows/Parks and Recreation/Season 05

When I choose a local folder on my Mac as the output, it works fine.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It'll needs to be a standard filesystem path, can't be a URL. On Windows \\UNC paths are treated the same as local files. Looks like OSX doesn't support that.

You can always just mount the samba share and it'll be as if it's a local folder.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
reubdogg

Post by reubdogg »

I tried to mount the samba share and it still doesn't work. I guess I can try to setup Filebot directly on Synology, but I'm a noob with Linux. Do you know where I can get help with that? I was able to install Java and Filebot, but I don't know how to connect to Filebot on my Synology NAS or create a script to automate anything.

I'm just looking to automate the following:
1) Run script when download is complete
2) Rename files
3) Move files to appropriate folders
4) Clean up folder

I don't need to customize how the files are renamed or which folders they go in...just the default Filebot settings are fine.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you mount a drive correctly it'll always work. FileBot wouldn't even be able to figure it's not a local drive even if I wanted to. OSX would internally translate the standard FS calls into smb calls. Make sure you didn't just mount it read-only or something.

As for sshing into your NAS and doing things there, that's not so hard, just find some tutorials on linux shell. It's just like the OSX console.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.