JDownloader -> FileBot is moving files too early

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Pulpi

JDownloader -> FileBot is moving files too early

Post by Pulpi »

Following case:

JDownloader had extracted package 1 and is calling the event scripter --> FileBot (ON_ARCHIVE_EXTRACTED), to rename and move package 1. If you are downloading more packages, the following situation can appear: While FileBot starts, JDownloader is extracting package 2 and FileBot also moves package 2, but package 2 isn´t fully extracted. That means the incomplete file was also renamed and moved.

Is there another event to start FileBot via event scripter in order to avoid this case? For instance something like "after all packages are finished"? Do I have another choice?
rednoah
The Source

Re: JDownloader -> FileBot is moving files too early

Post by rednoah »

Not sure. But you're welcome to investigate and contribute fixes and improvements:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/tree ... downloader
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pulpi

Post by Pulpi »

I´m not quite sure, but I think that it had worked before and hadn´t resulted in that problem. Is that possible?

Is it a customized "ArchiveExtracted.js" file for JD? Do you still use it? Will it work if I replace "my" ArchiveExtracted.js-file with that one?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

These are the solutions I developed and tested ~1 year ago. I don't personally use JD though so I haven't personally used or tested any of this since then.
Pulpi

Post by Pulpi »

I guess the problem occures due to my new HDD (2nd). Now I have two volumes. volume 1 and volume 2. JD downloads to volume 1 and then moves filmes to volume 1 and series to volume 2. I´ve got the problem since my 2nd HDD. Any other advice about what to do in this specific case?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Bad idea. Keep things on the same volume when moving files, because moving files on the same volume means that it's not doing anything on disk, making the operation instant.