Has anyone gotten qBittorrent and Filebot to work properly?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Synk556

Has anyone gotten qBittorrent and Filebot to work properly?

Post by Synk556 »

Using 4.0.4? I've installed python. It's in the $Path, I've followed the instructions from here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p9774
I correctly edited the python scripts to my settings. And here is the script in qbittorent (screenshot) https://gyazo.com/cfbc6c96022792f2223f7f85a3e87a36.

Nothing happens upon torrent completion. One thing I noticed in the python script, nowhere does it call filebot. So how is that supposed to work? What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Has anyone gotten qBittorrent and Filebot to work properly?

Post by rednoah »

Have you tested without python (and not pythonw) directly from CMD so you can see the console output? What does the console output say?

:idea: You don't have to use the utorrent-postprocess.pyw python script. You can also have qBT call FileBot directly.

:idea: I'd start by running the amc script from CMD manually, so you understand how it works. Once you can run it yourself, then you will understand how to integrate it with qBT.

:idea: The utorrent-postprocess.pyw does nothing but set up the FileBot command and then run that FileBot command via subprocess.run in the very last line. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Synk556

Post by Synk556 »

Put this script in:
filebot -script fn:amc --output "d:\downloads" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y excludeList=amc.txt "%f"

Nothing. Starting to wonder if it's not qbT.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're using a recent version of qBT then your command template won't work.

Use this:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/path/to/media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
:arrow: /path/to/media must be replaced by a real file path that is not inside your Downloads folder (e.g. D:/Media).

:arrow: amc.log can be replaced with an absolute file path so you know exactly where the log is (e.g. --log-file D:/amc.log).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

If you want to run the "utorrent-postprocess.pyw python script" you'll have to downgrade to 4.0.3 for the time being as the "run on torrent completion" is currently semi-broken in 4.0.4 should be fixed in 4.0.5 whenever it gets released.