Facing problems with my automated media center

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
mrgrandmsc

Facing problems with my automated media center

Post by mrgrandmsc »

Hi,
So filebot has been working just fine these past few months. A week ago, however, (can't for the life of me figure out what i changed to make this happen) my automated setup hasn't been working. I noticed about 10 files hadn't been transferred to my media folder so I tried using filebot in the cmd prompt and what I got was this:

'filebot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm a n00b at cmd and this whole shebang (so please bear with me)but was able to fully automate everything through your handy tutorial. I did some digging to figure out how I could solve my problem and what I found that the most likely reason for my problem is a PATH issue.
I looked at the enviroment variables tab and it seemed like windows SHOULD be able to find filebot and execute it. I even added a line there to make sure but it didn't help. So what gives?
Any insight for my problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Posting these pics as well in case they're useful Image

mrgrandmsc

Re: Facing problems with my automated media center

Post by mrgrandmsc »

I posted the below picture but forgot to save an error I made in the last row which didn't yield any results the first time (put a ' instead of a \, silly me)
Automated System seems to be working just fine now, but does anyone have any clue what may have caused the issue in the first place? I don't recall doing anything that might have toyed with enviroment variables (I'm a simple user, after all)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Facing problems with my automated media center

Post by rednoah »

By default, WindowsApps are in the %PATH% because the Windows Store makes sure there's a link to the executable in that folder.

However, some installers that update the %PATH% (maybe Skype, maybe QuickTime, etc) are buggy and remove folders from the %PATH% when adding themselves.

TL;DR one of the installers you ran recently removed WindowsApps from the %PATH%
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.