Auto Rename new folders

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
brooky1010

Auto Rename new folders

Post by brooky1010 »

Hey, is it possible to auto rename a folder when I drag it into my movies folder? I already have a preset in Filebot that works fine but I want to automate it so I don't always have to open filebot, click presets, click the preset, and then click rename. (My movies preset is simple: "D:\{plex}").
TL;DR: Autodetect new folders and rename them accordingly to my preset.

EDIT: I tried finding things for Windows 10 but they are all with command line stuff that I don't know anything about.
Thanks, I'm not a native English speaker so if you don't understand a sentence I will try to rephrase it.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Auto Rename new folders

Post by rednoah »

The kind of unattended automation is only supported via the command-line and not possible via the GUI.

:arrow: The easiest solution on Windows is probably to just Windows Scheduler to call amc script every once in a while.

:idea: If you want to call filebot in response to filesystem events, then you'll need 3rd party tools that can help you with that. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any tools like Automator or Hazel for Windows.

:idea: Just for inspiration, here's how it works on macOS with Automator: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3908
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.