AMC and subtitle question

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
superflysocal

AMC and subtitle question

Post by superflysocal »

I love AMC and filebot by the way.

Is there a way to get the english subtitle downloaded but have it saved in the following format:

movie_title.srt

right now, it is saving it as: movie_title.eng.srt

some of my media players do not recognize the subtitle unless it is movie_title.srt
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC and subtitle question

Post by rednoah »

Use the replace script to mass-rename your subs and remove that .eng part. Or adjust the movie format.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

I don't mind about the ones already done. I am just thinking about moving forward. How do I adjust the movie format?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read "Customize Naming / Format / Path" section in the docs.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

I read the fisrt post of your Automated Media Center. In the section Customize Naming Formats and Destination Paths:

I did not see anything pertaining to naming of subtitles, just naming of movie format. The naming of the movies is fine for me because it doesn't have the .eng, just want to get rid of the .eng in the .srt file name. I read in another post that you stated that :
"Wether or not you add the language tag or not depends on wether or not you defined {lang} in the movie format. "

I just don't see {lang} in my script anywhere. I do have subtitles=en, should I get rid of that?
Last edited by superflysocal on 02 Apr 2013, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Docs wrote:Customize Naming Formats and Destination Paths:
You can override the default naming schemes via --def seriesFormat, animeFormat or movieFormat but make sure you understand how cmdline arguments work since you must escape double quotes via \", ampersands, etc otherwise the cmdline arguments will not be passed to FileBot as you may think. Relative paths will be resolved against --output and you can use absolute paths if you want to use multiple drives.

Code: Select all

--def "seriesFormat=TV/{n}/{fn}" "animeFormat=Anime/{n}/{fn}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} {y}/{fn}" "musicFormat=Music/{n}/{fn}"
If your format contains quotes, e.g. {"-$fn"}, and you just copy and paste it, e.g. "movieFormat={"-$fn"}", the quotes in the format will mess with cmdline argument parsing. Hence you MUST ESCAPE DOUBLE QUOTES, e.g. "movieFormat={\"-$fn\"}".
The docs on amc of course. It says movieFormat in bold. It's not that hard to find. :P
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

yes I did find it, hence I edited my post above (please read), but I still can't figure it out. What does the {n} {y} and {fn} mean? Also, I am fine with the way the title of the movie is , just the subtitle file.

Thanks for all of your help
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

btw, this is my current script:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "W:/media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Obviously the default formats are in the script, and you can provide your own if you're not happy with the default.

The current default movie format would be:

Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){" CD$pi"}{".$lang"}
If it's a single part movie the {" CD$pi"} fails and goes away. If it's a video file and not a subtitles file the {".$lang"} part goes away.

Plenty of documentation on the format engine:
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

Try adding this to your cmdline and see what happens:

--def "seriesFormat=TV/{n}/{fn}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} {y}/{fn}"
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

rednoah wrote:Obviously the default formats are in the script, and you can provide your own if you're not happy with the default.

The current default movie format would be:

If it's a single part movie the {" CD$pi"} fails and goes away. If it's a video file and not a subtitles file the {".$lang"} part goes away.

Plenty of documentation on the format engine:

Try adding this to your cmdline and see what happens:

When I did that I now get this as file name:
SeriesTitle.S01E02.HDTV.x264.lol.avi
SeriesTitle.S01E02.HDTV.x264.lol.eng.srt

before it was:
SeriesTitle - S01E02 - Episodename.avi
SeriesTitle - S01E02 - Episodename.eng.srt

I prefer the way it was before. However, either way I am still getting the .eng in the srt file
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, as you can see you have complete control over how things are renamed via the naming scheme.

Now look at the docs and play with it:

Movie format with .eng:

Movie format without .eng:

Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){" CD$pi"}
I'm sure you can figure out the rest.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

Ok i will try. Also, can you force it to use TVRage instead of TheTVDB, one of my shows keeps getting the wrong title (Scandal on ABC).
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

rednoah wrote:Yes, as you can see you have complete control over how things are renamed via the naming scheme.

Now look at the docs and play with it:

Movie format with .eng:

Movie format without .eng:

Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){" CD$pi"}
I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

but I tried :

and the title doesn't have .eng but the subtitle does.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

Ok so I used this and now I think it works:

filebot -script fn:amc "C:/disc/Azareus/TV Shows/New Shows" --output "C:/disc/Azareus" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" --def "seriesFormat=TV Shows/{n}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){\" CD$pi\"}"
Thanks for all your help!!

So last question, can i force it to use TV Rage instead of TheTVDB? I am having issues with the show Scandal on ABC. It keeps fetching some japanese show. When i look up on TheTVDB, that japanese show is the first entry when I searched scandal. On TVrage, it is the right abc show.
Last edited by superflysocal on 06 Apr 2013, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The script forces TheTVDB by default (which is the better choice almost always) but you can try forcing TVRage and see if it works for you by modifying the script.

Send me the filenames that don't work and i'll have a look what might be the issue.

EDIT:

Try the latest HEAD revision. Works for me:

Input: D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\scandal.s01e01.avi
Group: [tvs:scandal] => [scandal.s01e01.avi]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [scandal]
Fetching episode data for [SCANDAL]
Fetching episode data for [Scandal (2012)]
Fetching episode data for [Scandals of the Ancient World]
[TEST] Rename [D:\testdata\AMC-TEST\scandal.s01e01.avi] to [D:\output\TV Shows\Scandal (2012)\Season 01\Scandal (2012) - S01E01 - Sweet Baby.avi]
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

I downloaded filebot 3.5 and it works for all except 1!!

What is the HEAD version?
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

Ok, so now that I try to put the changes in the script, I get nothing after a Tv show is downloaded, as if it is being skipped. I see the CMD window open for a brief second. For movies, it works though, just TV shows not working. Here is the script for utorrent:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "W:/media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" --def "seriesFormat=TV Shows/{n}/{s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){\" CD$pi\"}"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I always need console output. Read trouble shooting section.

You do know that by -script fn:amc you tell filebot to run the script from online right? You can't make changes. If you download the file you can make changes, but then you also have to specify that local path. Read the docs on scripting.

Also read the FAQ. Since it'll tell you where to get the latest beta revisions.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

But that is just it. When I use the console (command line), it works for TV series. I translate to utorrent script and it will work only for movies. When I get a TV show, I see the cmd box for a brief second and then it goes away, so it is skipping it. Looks like the above script should only skip music, not TV shows. Why is it skipping TV shows? It doesn't when I am in commandline.

In another post, you had told me if I specify local path for amc I have to specify local path for everything.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I have no idea, you still haven't sent me the cmdline output.

If you use it from console or utorrent calls it, ITS EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Why would it not work when called from utorrent? Well, I guess it's because it's calling the command with different parameters than when you call it from cmdline.

Since you never seem to post the actual command that is executed, nor any output, I assume you never bothered to read the Troubleshooting section.

Local path for everything? What does that even mean? Yes, everything, as in that one single argument that tells it where to get the script from.

This is ONLINE

filebot -script fn:amc ...
as this is the same as

filebot -script http://filebot.net/scripts/amc.groovy ...
Clear now?

This is LOCAL FILE (most obviously)

filebot -script C:/amc.groovy ...
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

the script that I put into uTorrent is above.

the cmdline that gets executed is:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "W:/media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_dir=C:\disc\Azareus\Tv Shows\New Shows\" "ut_file=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E19.HDTV.X264-LOL.mp4" "ut_kind=single" "ut_title=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E19.HDTV.X264-LOL.mp4" "ut_label=tv" "ut_state=5" --def "seriesFormat=TV Shows/{n}/{s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){\" CD$pi\"}"
the output is
"-" is not a valid option
Launch4j: Failed to run the given command

when I try to get rid of the seriesformat and movieformat

filebot -script fn:amc --output "W:/media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=y  >> "c:/disc/azareus/filebot.log" 2>&1 "ut_dir=C:\disc\Azareus\Tv Shows\New Shows\" "ut_file=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E20.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4" "ut_kind=single" "ut_title=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E20.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5"
I still get an error:
Parameter: music = n
Parameter: subtitles = en
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = C:\disc\Azareus\Tv Shows\New Shows" ut_file=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E20.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 ut_kind=single ut_title=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E20.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 ut_label= ut_state=5
MissingPropertyException: No such property: ut_kind for class: Script3
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: ut_kind for class: Script3
at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:71)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Failure (°_°)
Launch4j: Failed to run the given command.

I noticed the ut_dir looks wrong... especially the quote at the end, it's not like this when a movie torrent is downloaded, it uses / instead of \
The problem i deduced is that in the logger script from utorrent above the "ut_dir=C:\disc\Azareus\Tv Shows\New Shows\". I read somewhere you said that path should not end with \. When I download a movie torrent it doesn't end with \.

The only difference between a tv torrent and movie torrent is that the movie torrent has a video file (among other files) within a folder while the tv torrent is just a video file.
So my conclusion is that movie torrents work because the movie file is in a folder while the tv torrent does not work because it is just a video file not in its own folder.

So how do I get around this?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, that \" messes up the rest of the cmdline for one. This pitfall of windows cmd is plenty documented on the amc page.

On the second piece of cmdline I see you somehow start redirecting output in the middle of the command somewhere. That's completely wrong as windows cmd deals with that. So the first command ends where >> begins and i don't know how it interprets the rest.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

rednoah wrote:Well, that \" messes up the rest of the cmdline for one. This pitfall of windows cmd is plenty documented on the amc page.

On the second piece of cmdline I see you somehow start redirecting output in the middle of the command somewhere. That's completely wrong as windows cmd deals with that. So the first command ends where >> begins and i don't know how it interprets the rest.

I took off the redirection for logging and it is the exact same error message (except not sent to the log file).

I know the \ is what is causing the error, I have read all about it. I am not the one putting that \ in. I am just showing you what commands are executed in the utorrent logging after a torrent is finished. For a movie file, there is no \ at the end, for a TV file there is. My suspicion is that the movie is packed within a folder while a TV file is not, but both are out of my hands. So how do I overcome this? Only download TV shows packed in folders?

Here again is my utorrent script:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "W:/media" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" --def "seriesFormat=TV Shows/{n}/{s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" "movieFormat=Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){\" CD$pi\"}"
I have also tried to remove the seriesformat code at the end. Are there any changes I can make to alleviate this problem? I can't be the only one downloading TV shows not packed in a folder on this forum.
superflysocal

Post by superflysocal »

Ok, I have found a workaround. When I was setting up the torrent and choosing the save destination, it I use the drop down box utorrent was giving me, it adds a \ at the end, I just have to manually delete that \ before I proceed and all is good. If the torrent is packed in a folder, it doesn't matter.

Thank you for all your patients and help.

btw, did I redirect incorrectly. I tried putting what I put at the end and it didn't work. i was just copying what you wrote verbatim.

Also, I am having issues with the show Scandal (2012) still (not SCANDAL which is a foreign show). It keeps downloading the wrong subtitle file. Example, for season two, every episode gets the season 2 episode 1 subtitle (even though it is renamed correctly, it's the wrong data). How do I improve the accuracy?
example filename:
Scandal US S02E04 HDTV x264-LOL.avi
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

With subtitles it's kinda hard. Because of -non-strict it'll consider less good matches, but if it was in strict mode you'd just get no subtitles for the given file.

The problem is that the subtitles you want dont't exist yet, and filebot will grab the best matching subtitle (of the ones available).