2 output folders

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Diwi

2 output folders

Post by Diwi »

Hi,

I'm using sucessfully filebot with filebot node and webcron app on qnap nas.
I have tried to edit manually the task file but it's a fail.I have not tried to edit amc script yet.

Actually filebot pick movies from my downloaded folder to my movie folder on nas following my settings.

my question is: is it possible to have an output to my movie folder AND to another folder?
I mean with the same task/script without organising it with external app or without 2nd scheduled task.

Thx
Diwi
kim
Power User

Re: 2 output folders

Post by kim »

yes
how? ... custom format via e.g. the AMC script

sample:
if something == stuff then 'path1' else 'path2'

btw:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you want the same files multiple times, then it's best to process files once, normally. And then mirror them into alternative file / folder structures based on xattr data that is written the first time around.

i.e. you'll have a master structure, and then you create an arbitrary number of slave structures based on that master.

Here's a few examples:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Diwi

Post by Diwi »

rednoah wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 16:31 If you want the same files multiple times, then it's best to process files once, normally. And then mirror them into alternative file / folder structures based on xattr data that is written the first time around.

i.e. you'll have a master structure, and then you create an arbitrary number of slave structures based on that master.

Here's a few examples:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788
Thx yes this is the right way to do it

Is it possible to call a cmd line in a task (filebot node) when the first part of task is done or mabe call task 2 when task 1 is done?

Otherwise i'll use scheduled tasks with 1h delay between each or something similar...
kim wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 13:55 yes
how? ... custom format via e.g. the AMC script

sample:
if something == stuff then 'path1' else 'path2'

btw:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
In fact i do not need to sort files (already using it for movie and 3D movies), i need to duplicate newly downloaded files into a temporary folder and media folder

--Story on :D

At home i have media folders (movies, tv, music ...) for familly, and already automated DL, rename etc...

For my job i'm at home only during week-end, and try to not waste rest time on computer things when i come back. =)
That on this point i try to save time as much as possible, when i come back i plug my external drive/usb key into nas, press a physical copy button and let it go.I unplug it when i leave home with my newly downloaded episodes and movies ready for a new week far from home (discreet and absolutely WAF proof, my laptop dont even leave my bag).

This folder is dedicated to be filled all the week, and cleaned after each copy.

Today i manage my newly downloaded episodes folder with VPN/Cell phone access to my nas before coming back home that a pain as i know it could be fully (and easilly) automated.

I could use sync or scheduled app but i think this could all be done with filebot/filebot node and specially to be sure that task 1 is done before task 2 start whitout huge delay between this two tasks

;)
--Story off
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could use --def exec to call your own script. So the amc script would be making filebot calls, or calls to your own script which then calls filebot internally.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Diwi

Post by Diwi »

Thx for help

I'll try it, calling amc script into my own script, which integrate a private part and start when amc script is done (or fail) :>

If i find something working i'll post here.