Fillebot Automated script "error" no log

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
rkenn

Fillebot Automated script "error" no log

Post by rkenn »

Hello,

I have been using filebot for years, currently using 4.7.9. I do not have access to the store to get the newest version, but 4.7.9 has worked for me perfectly in the past so i dont think thats the issue.

I am trying to run an automated media centre script that runs from utorrent when a torrent is completed. The script is supposed to copy then rename the media to a different PC on my network so i can continue seeding. I have used the script many times before but i upgraded my PC recently and re-installed windows 7. Thats when i started to get the issue. Screenshot is below. There are no error messages, and no logs created, so i dont know where to start troubleshooting. The command just repeats forever untill i close it. Currently, running the script via command prompt instead of utorrent, from a different PC on the network, and run as an administrator, it works as it should. However, running a similar script (just changed the file locations) on the host PC with utorrent on it, does not work. Even as an admin. Has anyone seen it before? I know what im saying is confusing a bit, but really im just hoping someone knows the cause of the symptom shown in the screenshot.

Scripts (.bat files):

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "C:\Media\Completed" --action copy -non-strict "\\TOWER-PC\Media" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
or

filebot -script fn:amc --output "P:\Media" --action copy -non-strict "K:\Moving" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt (K: is a host PC network location, instead of \\LAPTOP-PC\Media\Moving )
if image doesnt work, try this https://ibb.co/gW1E7U
kim
Power User

Re: Fillebot Automated script "error" no log

Post by kim »

try adding

--log all --log-file amc.log
and maybe

call filebot
rkenn

Post by rkenn »

Like this ?

filebot -script fn:amc --output "C:\Media\Completed\Moving" --action copy -non-strict "C:\Media\Completed\Moving2" --log all --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt call filebot
I get the same issue, just constant repeated attempts but no action, or log.
rkenn

Post by rkenn »

I completely uninstalled it using revo and reinstalled a slightly older version but exact same issue. I changed the folder permissions to allow everything for "Everyone", but same issue. I do not know what it could be..
rkenn

Post by rkenn »

Got it to work properly using a virtual windows 7 on my main pc instead. Still not sure what the issue is but it's resolved for now.
howdymilsap

Post by howdymilsap »

This sounds like a filesystem permission issue. To troubleshoot this type of thing I usually use the tools from sysinternals to tell me what is going on.

Take a look at Process Monitor here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... ds/procmon

You can run this, set a few filters to reduce noise, and then run your tests to see what is going on in your filesystem and what the errors are.
rkenn

Post by rkenn »

Nice! Thank you, howdy. I think your right too but couldn't narrow it down. I'll try out process monitor.