Is a disk folder match actionable?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
howdymilsap

Is a disk folder match actionable?

Post by howdymilsap »

If Filebot determines that a folder it is processing is actually a disk folder (BDMV, video_ts, etc.), can I use that determination to then process the data differently? Can I use that as some form of a trigger?

So, my scenario is that I am processing a large folder full of subfolders. Some of the subfolders might contain disk folder contents. I want to be able to move these folders containing BDMV/video_ts into a separate filesystem since Plex cannot play BDMV or DVD video_TS content properly. I cannot rely on the parent folder to be properly named to indicate that a BDMV or video_ts folder structure is there, so using f =~ /search item/ or fn =~ /search item/ is not very effective for me at this point.

My thought right now is that I need to run a pre-processing script to inspect folder contents and amend the parent folder name with the metadata that I then use to properly organize the content. I am hoping the solution can be simpler than that though and be done purely with Filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is a disk folder match actionable?

Post by rednoah »

Yes, if {f} is a folder, and not a file, then you're probably dealing with disk folder.

e.g.

Code: Select all

f.isDirectory() ? "FOLDER" : "FILE"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.