Plex - Library Rescan

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Karan Panchal

Plex - Library Rescan

Post by Karan Panchal »

I am using a mac to download torrents and Filebot script to rename/move files to a network drive, this is working 100% fine. Is there a way to add something to the script to tell PMS which is running on a windows desktop (pointed to the same network drive) to do a refresh when the file has copied over?

I found this option for filebot: "--def plex=hostname" but not sure how to use it, well any parameter so far has not yielded anything.

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Plex - Library Rescan

Post by rednoah »

May not work because of network issues or because plex doesn't accept remote api calls or something. Try checking plex esp. logging if you can figure out if it's getting a message from filebot.

All it does is a HTTP GET to tell plex to refresh:

http://$server:$port/library/sections/all/refresh

You can try it in the browser and see if it works.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Karan Panchal

Post by Karan Panchal »

rednoah wrote:May not work because of network issues or because plex doesn't accept remote api calls or something. Try checking plex esp. logging if you can figure out if it's getting a message from filebot.

All it does is a HTTP GET to tell plex to refresh:

http://$server:$port/library/sections/all/refresh

You can try it in the browser and see if it works.
Hey thanks for the quick reply, okay so i tested your method and it works if i am on the same machine as the PMS server is on. However as you mentioned it, I can not get it to work via my mac over the network.
Karan Panchal

Post by Karan Panchal »

Okay so i managed to refresh the library from the remote computer via browser, however using the same address in the script does not do anything, is there something i should do different when putting it in the script?
Karan Panchal

Post by Karan Panchal »

Got it all working after some tinkering