rtorrent not calling postprocess hook

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
superm4n
Donor

rtorrent not calling postprocess hook

Post by superm4n »

Hi maybe someone can help me

my rtorrent is not triggering filebot on completed downloadeds

in my .rtorrent.rc i have added the below manually as my rtorrent.rc and my rtorrent-postprocess are not in my home folder and doing the echo command was trying to edit rtorrent.rc in my home folder

Code: Select all

system.method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={/APPBOX_DATA/apps/rutorrent.witzend007.appboxes.co/torrents/config/rtorrent/rtorrent-postprocess.sh,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"
when running filebot from CLI using the amc script it works perfectly
oh i have updated the output config on rtorrent-postprocess to the correct location too.

any ideas would be great?
rednoah
The Source

Re: rtorrent not calling postprocess hook

Post by rednoah »

Is rtorrent calling your script at all? Is your script ever executed?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
superm4n
Donor

Post by superm4n »

im not sure on how to check that. ive checked the rtorrent log and it doesnt show any reference to rtorrent-postprocess.

I know that rutorrent/rtorrent is using the .rtorrent.rc as ive changed other variables like max peers to make sure it changed that in the gui.

if i execute the script myself i get errors (the missing path etc. that rtorrent passes on.)

i have also tried changing the system.method.set etc to the version for new rtorrent in case the version on the seedbox is the newer version

it might be worth mentioning that i do not have root access to the rtorrent or rutorrent section of the install bu i do have root access to where ubuntu is installed. its a wierd system this seedbox company uses.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's some general advice:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3067

You might also find some help in rtorrent-specific forums, because not much filebot can do if filebot isn't called.
superm4n
Donor

Post by superm4n »

ok so i ran your example debug.sh and all the logfiles have outputed correctly to my tmp folder
looking at the files though i have no idea how to check if rtorrent is actually calling the script maybe a hint for me please

ok so i realised that those commands date, whoami should go into rtorrent-postprocess.sh so that when rtorrent completes it will also do those things aswell and ouput a log

so im gonna have a go at that now
Last edited by superm4n on 16 Jan 2019, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, the idea is that rtorrent calls that script, and you'll know that rtorrent called that script, because files will magically appear in your tmp folder when that happens.
superm4n
Donor

Post by superm4n »

ok so the script is not being called because rtorrent is not updating the torrent as finished.
when i removed the method.set_key command from rtorrent.rc and start another torrent it adds and finishes as it should so im assuming that something in this is stopping rtorrent from marking the torrent as finished. as when i comment that line out rtorrent marks the file as finished in the history log.
method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={/APPBOX_DATA/apps/rutorrent.witzend007.appboxes.co/torrents/config/rtorrent/rtorrent-postprocess.sh,$d.base_path=,$d.name=,$d.custom1=}"
even though im pretty sure that that code is correct something is definitely stopping rtorrent from sending an event.finished

ive beeen all through the git forums for rtorrent and there are alot of people with the same issue running scripts quite a few of them with the same filebot problem as myself but none have been solved.

again any further help is fully apprciated.
thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This thread might be related:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4765

Depending on your version of rtorrent, the config file syntax might be different.