Music Renaming Format

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Rjay

Music Renaming Format

Post by Rjay »

I am not sure if this is possible but with the Music Formatting from Filebot can I end up with a structure like this....

BandName\AlbumName\TrackTitle ?

My current script looks like this and works but I end up with basically....

filebot -script fn:amc "SourceLocation" --output "DestinationLocation" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y "musicFormat={n}/{fn}"

BandName\TrackTitle

bonelifer
Power User

Re: Music Renaming Format

Post by bonelifer »

Rjay wrote:I am not sure if this is possible but with the Music Formatting from Filebot can I end up with a structure like this....

filebot -script fn:amc "SourceLocation" --output "DestinationLocation" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y "musicFormat={n}/{fn}"

BandName\TrackTitle

AlbumArtist:

Code: Select all

musicFormat={AlbumArtist}/{n}/{fn}
Track Artist:

musicFormat={Artist}/{n}/{fn}
Rjay

Post by Rjay »

bonelifer wrote:
Rjay wrote:I am not sure if this is possible but with the Music Formatting from Filebot can I end up with a structure like this....

BandName\TrackTitle

AlbumArtist:

musicFormat={AlbumArtist}/{n}/{fn}
Track Artist:

musicFormat={Artist}/{n}/{fn}

Thanks mate but that didn't work.....

I am making the assumption that n = name of artist / fn = filename so it would need to be something like n/<variable for album name>/fn ?
Rjay

Post by Rjay »

if I do musicFormat={n}\{Artist}\{fn} I get

BandName\BandName\TrackTitle so I am assuming the Artist variable comes from either the tags or the search of the online dbase for the music names. So I think I just need the variable for AlbumName if their is one ?

I tried musicFormat={n}\{AlbumArtist}\{fn} but I just got

BandName\TrackTitle again so guessing that the AlbumArtist variable was empty
bonelifer
Power User

Post by bonelifer »

For me in the GUI, this works (I don't actually use Filebot for music as I use foobar2000 to rip/convert/name):

{albumartist}/{album}/{t}
Not sure, since I couldn't find any documentation on syntax for anything but movies/tv-shows.
Rjay

Post by Rjay »

ok yep that worked, i should have tried the obvious variable name first! yeh sounds like u came to the same conclusion as me I couldn't find much doco on the Music Syntax or how the variables interacted with the filenames/tags/data collected from the online database search.

Yeh I been using Mp3Tag which is awesome but can't call from the commandline and was trying to automate the process entirely!
bonelifer
Power User

Post by bonelifer »

If you are on Windows, you can use foobar2000(might require and addon) to rename the files in a specific format. I use it now to rip all my cd's and I used the renamer to fix some of my older rips naming. Not commandline, but it's fairly quick and easy.
Rjay

Post by Rjay »

ahhhh k cool! thanks for the help. Pretty much looking for an almost fully automated solution from DL > Rename > Music Library same as I do with Series etc :)
Rjay

Post by Rjay »

Ok so this works but I noticed for some albums it will not placed all songs from that album in the correct file e.g. you end up with

BandName\Album\TrackName2
BandName\Album\TrackName3
BandName\Album\TrackName4
BandName\Album\TrackName5
BandName\\TrackName1

:( :!: :?: :!:

for some obscure reason no idea why this is but again possibly something to do with the fields or the data it gets from the online dbase if it is acting on each file individually
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, for music it's looking at each file individually, and it's just trying to grab the best matching data from what it gets back from AcoustID returns.

So if album is missing, then album data is missing from the AcoustID response, and also it can't fall back to ID3 tags, so you're out of luck in this case. Unless you have an idea on how to fix it, or check the response data with fiddler2 and see if there might be data that may be used as album fallback.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Rjay

Post by Rjay »

rednoah wrote:Yep, for music it's looking at each file individually, and it's just trying to grab the best matching data from what it gets back from AcoustID returns.

So if album is missing, then album data is missing from the AcoustID response, and also it can't fall back to ID3 tags, so you're out of luck in this case. Unless you have an idea on how to fix it, or check the response data with fiddler2 and see if there might be data that may be used as album fallback.
Ok yep thanks Rednoah the reply is appreciated! yeh just might have to do albums manually at this point!

cheers :)