Movie folder and movie name with meta bits how to?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
jonskin

Movie folder and movie name with meta bits how to?

Post by jonskin »

Hi,

I have tried my best to fully understand Filebot before seeking help but after reading suggestions everywhere and experimenting with the folder and file renaming formats I still can’t get it to do what I want it to do…

I want it to:
Change all my enclosing movie folders to be:
The Movie Name (YEAR)

And change the video file(s) within its own renamed movie folder to be:

{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}) {imdbid} {vf} {afc} {hd} {source} {resolution} {genres}.keepsameext

I want to add the meta info as my next step after this renaming process will be to get Radarr to upgrade the file quality for display through Plex. That is why I don’t want to just use the {plex} code in renaming.

Currently…

My master Movies folder contains approx 400 folders for all the sep movies. These folder names are either:

The Movie Name
The Movie Name (YEAR)
The.Movie.Name.19XX.RARG.DIvX.Blah.Blah-etc-etc - ie lots of stuff with the name and year in there somewhere…

Inside some of the folders is just a single video file but in others there are lots of poster jpegs, XML files, txt files etc. I assume Plex put them there and I need to keep them.

So, how in a single pass, or a few steps, do I rename the folders and the movie file within them?

It either gives me an error saying can’t create a subdirectory of [xxxx] inside subdirectory [xxxx]….

Or I get…

[RENAMED FOLDER] The Movie Name (20XX)
[A NEW FOLDER] The Movie Name (20XX) and the meta stuff extracted properly ie {imdbid} {vf} {afc} {hd} {source} {resolution} {genres}
[FILES] The video file name not renamed and any other files that were in there…

Please help!

Cheers,
Jon.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movie folder and movie name with meta bits how to?

Post by rednoah »

Specifying an absolute output path is highly recommended, so that you organized files absolutely in exactly that file and folder structure, and not just somewhere relative to wherever:

Code: Select all

X:/Media/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}) {imdbid} {vf} {afc} {hd} {source} {resolution} {genres}
:idea: Make sure that input folder and output folder are completely separate. Renaming and re-organizing files in place will bring you pain and suffering sooner or later.

jonskin wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:09 Inside some of the folders is just a single video file but in others there are lots of poster jpegs, XML files, txt files etc. I assume Plex put them there and I need to keep them.

So, how in a single pass, or a few steps, do I rename the folders and the movie file within them?
The import of extras is not supported, unless file naming of extras matches exactly the naming of the corresponding primary movie file.

I recommend leaving all the clutter files behind and then using FileBot to re-generate artwork / nfo files cleanly, or just letting Plex do it's thing.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jonskin

Post by jonskin »

OK thanks for that...
So to specify an absolute file path (ie this bit of the shortcode:
X:/Media/Movies/
or the path I will replace it with:
/Volumes/G-RAID-R1/Shared/Plex Media/Movies/
Just confirming this is the OUTPUT folder to where the newly renamed movie folders and enclosed renamed movie file will live?
So I could just make it:
/Volumes/G-RAID-R1/Shared/Plex Media/MoviesRenamed/
And then update Plex Movies library to scan that new MoviesRenamed folder?
Cheers, Jon
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep. Absolute destination path exactly as specified via your format.
jonskin

Post by jonskin »

Fantastic thanks v much for your help...
jakehawkes42

Post by jakehawkes42 »

The import of extras is not supported, unless file naming of extras matches exactly the naming of the corresponding primary movie file.
Can you expand on this for me please?

I have some trailers that I want to use with Plex, and FileBot is ignoring them, even though I have

--def extras=y 
defined. I'm currently using

action=test
, because I'm still evaluating before buying license.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will categorically ignore all -trailer and -sample files. You will not be able to import trailer files into your library with FileBot.