Anime absolute numbering but with 3 digits

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
miniL

Anime absolute numbering but with 3 digits

Post by miniL »

Hey Everyone,

Am new to the forum, basically cause filebot is rather easy to use in general (at least for my purposes).
I manually rename my files once in a while when I have a ton of new ones that need renaming (mostly it's just to add the episode names in the title).
However for Anime I use absolute numbering since that is the only way I can let emby identify my library properly.

Downside is, I have no clue how to get it to use 3 digits for everything below 100.
Anyone that can help me out, currently my format line in filebot is as simple as this for anime:

Code: Select all

{n} ({y}) - {absolute} - {t} ({vf} {source} {vc} {bitdepth}bit {AC} {channels} {Group})
I was thinking naming it absolute would be enough and it kinda is except that instead of 001 - 099 it just uses 1-99 :(

Any help would be appreciated!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Anime absolute numbering but with 3 digits

Post by rednoah »

Use this:

{absolute.pad(3)}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
miniL

Post by miniL »

rednoah wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 14:20 Use this:

{absolute.pad(3)}
Awesome! Seen the pad command on a few places in the forums while searching for a solution but couldn't find what it meant so I had no idea it was the solution I was looking for haha.
asmo64

Post by asmo64 »

sorry being a complete noob but how do i add that so i can use it in filebot as i am seriously having a blonde year
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please use Double-Click ➔ Image Edit Format to open the Format Editor for the selected New Names item and then edit your custom naming scheme to your liking.

:idea: Here's how custom formats work:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

:idea: If you're processing Anime, then [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers is always worth a read, even if it may not be directly relevant to this particular thread.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
asmo64

Post by asmo64 »

Thanks for that
had to reinstall and scared myself senseless when Microsoft store wanted to charge me $76 AUD lol