FB 4.9.0 renaming resets back...

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
dseg30

FB 4.9.0 renaming resets back...

Post by dseg30 »

Hello -

I just installed 4.9.0. I've changed the preset to the naming convention that I want but its like any time you reopen and match it goes back to the standard FB convention and doesn't use my preset. What am i missing here?
rednoah
The Source

Re: FB 4.9.0 renaming resets back...

Post by rednoah »

No known issues in this regard. Seems to work for everyone else.

Perhaps screenshots can shed light on the issue? Please read my signature.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dseg30

Post by dseg30 »

Hello -

Include System Information: Windows 10
How did you install FileBot? MSI package

Code: Select all

Legion S02E10 Chapter 18 720p AMZN WEBRip DDP5 1 x264-KiTTeN-Scrambled\07257eda5c144627aae9eb9847bd18a9.mkv	{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Legion","season":2,"episode":10,"title":"Chapter 18","absolute":18,"airdate":{"year":2018,"month":6,"day":5},"id":6661444,"seriesInfo":{"database":"TheTVDB","order":"Airdate","language":"en","type":"TV Series","id":320724,"name":"Legion","aliasNames":["大群","Legion (2017)","לגיון","Légió","리전","Legião","Легион","Legión","變種軍團"],"certification":"TV-14","startDate":{"year":2017,"month":2,"day":8},"genres":["Action","Drama","Science Fiction","Thriller"],"network":"FX","rating":8.5,"ratingCount":1161,"runtime":45,"status":"Ended"}}

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.9.0 (r7234)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 19.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.3
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-03-16 (r625)
Groovy: 3.0.2
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 13.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 4.3 GB Max Memory / 331 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [(C:)] @ 142 GB | NTFS [CA Data Drive] @ 577 GB | NTFS [SW Data Drive] @ 487 GB | NTFS [Downloads] @ 147 GB | NTFS [Random] @ 12 TB | NTFS [Music] @ 12 TB | NTFS [Movies] @ 12 TB | NTFS [Television] @ 12 TB
DATA: C:\Users\Tribunal\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License P9024381 (Valid-Until: 2020-08-24)
Screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJnW_5 ... sp=sharing
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So if you double-click on the one item in New Names, then click Edit Format, then change the format to {plex.name} and then click Use Format? It doesn't work? Or it works? But doesn't work as soon as you close and open FileBot again?

:idea: Multiple screenshots would probably make it easier to tell a story. There's no limit. Feel free to add as many as necessary. ;)
dseg30

Post by dseg30 »

No it does rename it in the exact formatting that I like if I add about 4 more clicks. The previous one automatically followed the renaming convention that I set. This is after the first initial scan
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJnW_5 ... sp=sharing
and then I can manually change it. How do I save it so that the renaming convention that I set up here automatically renames when I hit the rename button.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XC2qYc ... sp=sharing
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 15:31 So if you double-click on the one item in New Names, then click Edit Format, then change the format to {plex.name} and then click Use Format? It doesn't work? Or it works? But doesn't work as soon as you close and open FileBot again?
Your first screenshot shows the default format. Your second screenshot shows your format. After clicking Use Format you will now get all episodes re-formatted to your preferred naming. If you close FileBot, and restart FileBot, your preferred format will be restored.

If your format preferences disappear between restarts, that means something unique to your computer is deleting those preference from the registry. That's not normal behaviour.

For the sake of testing, I recommend giving the Portable ZIP package a try. That one will store it's preferences in a file, and so you can see the preferences file, inspect it, make sure it's not deleted between runs.
dseg30

Post by dseg30 »

What's the preference file name and where is it saved in a Windows 10 machine?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

dseg30 wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 22:44 What's the preference file name and where is it saved in a Windows 10 machine?
MSI package?
:arrow: Windows Registry (not a file, hence no file name)

ZIP package?
:arrow: settings.properties file in the application folder

Microsoft Store package?
:arrow: settings.properties file in the package-specific application data folder
dseg30

Post by dseg30 »

I tried the zip package and its still doing the same thing.

I tried uninstalling (obviously moving my filebot license) and then deleting the whole and its still doing it. I didn't get it from the MS Store - should I look for that file somewhere?

btw - I do like the look of the dark platform though. Kudos on that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

dseg30 wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 18:19 I tried the zip package and its still doing the same thing.
Implausible. Unless what you mean by "resets back" is not actually what I think you mean. Since I don't know what you're doing exactly, step by step, I can not yet exclude the possibility of user error. ;)

When you use FileBot, and you configure a custom format, FileBot will remember it. It works for everyone else. For example. The portable package will store your settings, including your custom format, in the *.preferences file, when you close FileBot, and so it can load it again when you launch FileBot again later.

:?: Can you confirm that FileBot portable creates a *.preferences file, a text file, with your configured format inside?