HDR / Dolby Vision?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Brax

Re: HDR / Dolby Vision?

Post by Brax »

OK sure !

Where can I deposit the short files ? Uptobox is ok ?

If I understand well, the second file should output Dolby Vision, which it does (now, not a few weeks ago), so I guess I'll start with the 1st one.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Anywhere is fine. Most users just PM me a Google Drive link.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Brax

Post by Brax »

Hello,

I just split the files in 1 min chunks with mkvtoolnix.

Example 1 : https://uptobox.com/wzdi9i0q79oi
Example 2 : https://uptobox.com/j951sud6f35b

Thanks
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Warning: cryptominer alert from "hostingcloud.racing" on that page
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

FileBot r8325 changes {hdr} to search the various HDR-related fields for specific keywords, i.e. Dolby Vision | HDR10+ | HDR10.
viewtopic.php?p=53638#p53638
Brax wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 19:16 Hi,

Was there a change in the way HDR is implemented in recent updates ?

It seems my filebot interpretes HDR differently.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kim wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 14:19 Warning: cryptominer alert from "hostingcloud.racing" on that page
A very dodgy site indeed... I got a "click here to install chrome update exe" popup...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 16:51 Based on the information above, and the corresponding {hdr} code, you should get HDR10 for the first file, and Dolby Vision for the second.
Looks like the code above doesn't look at HDR_Format_Commerical at all (which would tell us about HDR10) if HDR_Format is defined. So the Dolby Vision example works because HDR_Format says Dolby Vision. But the other one doesn't because HDR_Format is just the tech spec.

You can access the relevant mediainfo fields directly for the time being:

Code: Select all

{video[0].HDR_Format_Commerical}

{hdr} will be updated with the next revision to check both HDR_Format and HDR_Format_Commerical for relevant values.
Brax

Post by Brax »

Thanks a lot.

Replacing {hdr} with {video[0].HDR_Format_Commercial} works perfectly.

Regards !
sighunter

Post by sighunter »

came here just to say I'm looking forward to {hdr} binding being fixed soon. It used to say HDR10, HDR10+ and now it just says HDR. Dolby Vision works. I don't want to edit all my presets and include "Format Commercial".

Store Version
FileBot 4.9.3 (r8340) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.2 / Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Fixed with FileBot r8377.
dseto

Post by dseto »

How do i look to see if I have Filebot r8377? i am not able to get all 3 hdr to work at the same time,

I can get with HDR10 and Dolby Vision with {video[0].HDR_Format_Commerical}, but not HDR10+.
or
HDR10 and HDR10+ with {hdr}, but not Dolby Vision.

I did try the beta portable and it works for all 3 hdr versions with {hdr}, but it rounds up all of numbers for certain things like {fps}, {bitrate}, etc.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

dseto wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 22:58 How do i look to see if I have Filebot r8377?
:arrow: Please read How to Request Help on how to see System Information including FileBot Revision Number.

dseto wrote: 07 Jun 2021, 22:58 I did try the beta portable and it works for all 3 hdr versions with {hdr}, but it rounds up all of numbers for certain things like {fps}, {bitrate}, etc.
If you have trouble with any particular MediaInfo-based binding for a particular file, please post the format you're using, the values, you're getting, and the raw MediaInfo table so we can check what values you should be getting:
viewtopic.php?t=4285

:idea: Newer revisions automatically scale bindings such as {bitrate} and {fps} to the appropriate unit and scale. What exactly are you trying to do? Do you need "16 digit decimal" or "bytes per second" precision for some reason?
sighunter

Post by sighunter »

unfortunately windows store version is still FileBot 4.9.3 (r8340)
dseto

Post by dseto »

:arrow: Please read How to Request Help on how to see System Information including FileBot Revision Number.
Ok, thank you, it shows i am using 8340.
If you have trouble with any particular MediaInfo-based binding for a particular file, please post the format you're using, the values, you're getting, and the raw MediaInfo table so we can check what values you should be getting:
viewtopic.php?t=4285
Let me learn more on how to complete this step and gather the data.
:idea: Newer revisions automatically scale bindings such as {bitrate} and {fps} to the appropriate unit and scale. What exactly are you trying to do? Do you need "16 digit decimal" or "bytes per second" precision for some reason?
I don't mind the rounding up for the Mbps, the only one i would prefer to stay the same is {fps} the pure "23.976" is preferred over "24 fps", only speaking for myself, it helps to understand the format of the media when playing in case of studder, i have no issues with pure 23.976, but may get some dropped frames at 24,29,30 and 60, so being able to see in the title the fps helps, like the 2 below examples, the first i should have no dropped frames, but the 2nd i should expect some.

1. "Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) - 2160p - 55.1 Mbps - 23.976 - UHD - BluRay - HDR - 10 - Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos - 3.2 Mbps"
2. "Army of the Dead (2021) - 1080p - 5.6 Mbps - 24.000 - HD - WEB-DL - HDR10 - 10 - Dolby Digital Plus with Dolby Atmos - 0.8 Mbps"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{fps} is rounded to 3 decimal digits, and trailing 0s are stripped. So 23.976 should display as "23.976 fps" by default (in the latest revision) so if you get different values, then I'll have to look into that.

In the meanwhile, you can always access raw MediaInfo properties directly:

Code: Select all

{video[0].FrameRate}

EDIT:

Good catch. {fps} rounding mode switch was broken. Fixed with FileBot r8619.