Rename Folder only

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
FAIL

Rename Folder only

Post by FAIL »

Hey, I already have a sorted system that I've maintained over many years however I've recently started adding in the year in for movies recently ie "Jurassic World (2015)" but I have a massive collection that already has all of the cover art etc in there and I know it's all correct and the issue is that if I rename all of it, the new folders will be created etc no issues but I can't simply drag and drop the old folders as they won't match up with the year on the end to easily import them into the correspondng folders. Below is the script I'm currently using. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers, Brett

Code: Select all

{file.path[0]}:/Movies/{ny.replaceFirst(/^(?i)\ (.+[^\ \(\d{4}\)])/, /$2, $1/).replaceAll(/[:–-]/, ' - ').replace(/:/, '.')}/{ny.replaceFirst(/^(?i)\ (.+[^\ \(\d{4}\)])/, /$2, $1/).replaceAll(/[:–-]/, ' - ').replace(/:/, '.')}
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename Folder only

Post by rednoah »

I'd organize files into new folder structure, parallel and independent of what you already have.

:idea: You can enable Import companion files to copy along artwork and friends into the new folder structure:
viewtopic.php?t=11079
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FAIL

Re: Rename Folder only

Post by FAIL »

You legend! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks heaps for that. I just changed to not fetch cover art etc and it works perfect. Cheers