Ripped DVDs

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
ChrisLuther

Ripped DVDs

Post by ChrisLuther »

Hello

I have ripped my Star Trek DVDs (ENT, TOS, TNG , DS9 and VOY)

They were ripped with names that were not plex supported hence using Filebot to try and rename them.

I am going through moving everything around and renaming them all.

They were ripped /named as

DS9\Series 1\ 1. Episode title
DS9\Series 1\ 2. Episode title
etc

Now this was fine for most TV Series and for Plex for about 99% of (mostly) the Star Trek Episodes.

However some episodes are feature length, aka DS9 Series 4 The Way of the warrior - originally broadcast as 2 parts , on disk they are just one episode, it is listed on IMDB as 1 episode, Netflix shows it as one episode, yet thetvdb has it listed as two and tries to name the episodes wrongly.

No matter whether I pick Airdate or DVD order it will list S4 Episode 1 and 2 as The Way Of The Warrior and try to rename the files. The DVD order is Episode 1 The Way Of The Warrior and Episode 2 The Visitor etc..
- this is not the only episode(s) doing it. DS9 S1 E1 Emissary, Some VOY and the odd ones from ENT and TNG.

What's the best way /method etc to get shows with episodes that differ from the online databases - both thetvdb and tvmaze have the feature length episodes listed as two episodes.

Regards

Chris
rednoah
The Source

Re: Ripped DVDs

Post by rednoah »

You can do Double-Click ➔ Image Edit Match ➔ Select both episodes to manually force a MultiEpisode match.

:idea: Please read FAQ #2 for general advice on how to deal with tricky files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ChrisLuther

Re: Ripped DVDs

Post by ChrisLuther »

Brilliant. Just what the Dr ordered

Thanks so much.