MrMLK

Slashes and accented characters in episode names

Post by MrMLK »

I'm running into two issues:

1) When I try to rename

Nip Tuck S01E11.mp4

Filebot matches it to

Nip/Tuck - s01e11 - Montana/Sassy/Justice

And renames the file to a tree with four subdirectories.

2) I'm using a program to sync files between my dropbox account and my android phone. Whenever I have a file with an accented character, the program gets confused when it compares the files. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Android, or an issue with the program, but either way, its a pain.

Right now, if I try to rename a file with - for example - a question mark in it, Filebot pops up a box and offers to clean the filename and then removes the question mark. Is there any way to get it to also do this for other characters?

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Slashes and accented characters in episode names

Post by rednoah »

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say? Please read How to Request Help.

What's your custom format? If you use standard bindings such as {s} or {t} or {plex.name} then FileBot will take care of file separators implicitly.

The root cause of your problem is likely that your source file system / destination file system use different Unicode forms, i.e. same visual representation but different byte sequence:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_e ... ce#Example

:idea: You can side-step these kinds issues by renaming files to ASCII-only file names:

Code: Select all

{ plex.name.ascii() }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MrMLK

Post by MrMLK »

Thanks for the help.

0) Results at the bottom.
1) Right now I am using one of the standard formats: {n} - {sxe} - {t}
2) Interesting, I'll read that.

Thanks, I will try that.

2021-06-05 15:13:36.542 fileBot.launcher[89511:9554342] int launch(char *, int, char **) Launchpath: /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/PlugIns/openjdk.jre/Contents/Home/lib/libjli.dylib
2021-06-05 15:13:36.578 fileBot.launcher[89511:9554353] int launch(char *, int, char **) Launchpath: /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/PlugIns/openjdk.jre/Contents/Home/lib/libjli.dylib
Initialize new disk cache: /Users/kaufman/Library/Containers/net.filebot.FileBot/Data/Library/Caches/ehcache.disk.store/1
FileBot 4.9.3 (r8340)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2021-05-30 (r751)
Groovy: 3.0.7
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 16 Core / 17 GB Max Memory / 25 MB Used Memory
HW: Darwin Framheim.local 20.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 20.4.0: Thu Apr 22 21:46:47 PDT 2021; root:xnu-7195.101.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v9.Java9 (file:/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/Java/groovy.jar) to method sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.getFileStores()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v9.Java9
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
STORAGE: apfs [/] @ 24 GB | hfs [/Volumes/Time Machine] @ 167 GB | hfs [/Volumes/External] @ 92 GB | hfs [/Volumes/Backup External] @ 92 GB | hfs [/Volumes/External Dropbox] @ 953 GB | hfs [/Volumes/Backup External Dropbox] @ 929 GB
DATA: /Users/kaufman/Library/Containers/net.filebot.FileBot/Data/Library/Application Support/User Data
Package: MAS
License: Mac App Store License
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you sure that this is the format you're using?

{s} - {sxe} - {t}
Here's what I get:

If you're using rsync to sync files between MacOS and Linux, then the --iconv option will help make things compatible:
https://serverfault.com/a/639367/341621
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.