Filebot only trying to match to root folder name

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
MesA

Filebot only trying to match to root folder name

Post by MesA »

I'm sure this is an easy fix so I apologize in advance for making a topic. I just started using Filebot and it's been phenomenal but I'm running into an issue.

My files are downloaded into a folder called @@@FIX which I'm sure as the name implies is for files that still need to be sorted, renamed etc. Since having the files placed here when doing matches, it will now only ever try to match any TV show I try to matches including the word Fix. I was googling around and did see where certain words are blacklisted to avoid this exact scenario I imagine.. so am I able to somehow add this root folder name to my list so it stops trying to name everything fix?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot only trying to match to root folder name

Post by rednoah »

The easy solution is to just rename your @@@FIX folder to Downloads and thus bypass the problem altogether.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MesA

Post by MesA »

Well that's one way. I was just under the impression it checks both and just like a human if it can't find what it needs then it moves further back. Apparently this isn't the case. I just figured I must be missing something. Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

MesA wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 15:21 Well that's one way. I was just under the impression it checks both and just like a human if it can't find what it needs then it moves further back. Apparently this isn't the case. I just figured I must be missing something. Thanks.
No idea. There's lots of moving parts. Without sample file paths for testing, I don't even have enough information for an educated guess. In general, the more unique-in-the-world your use case, the less out-of-the-box FileBot will work. If you have a file X:/Fix/Alias.1x01.mkv then both "Fix" and "Alias" will be possible options, and maybe it'll ask about things when resolving the search query to a specific series, but regardless, FileBot is still expected to pick the correct option because "Alias" is a thing and "Fix" presumably less so. Not considering "Fix" at all in the first place will definitely speed things up though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.