Matching Multi Episode Cartoon When filename missing EP numbers

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
sqlallstar

Matching Multi Episode Cartoon When filename missing EP numbers

Post by sqlallstar »

I have 7 seasons of a cartoon, in which each file is typically two episodes. (22 minute files/shows with 11 minute episodes)... (Hey Arnold (US))

Trouble is, they are all named properly but missing the EP numbers

So for example

Hey Arnold! - The First Episode & The Second Episode.mkv

Is there anyway to get filebot to match this without me having to manually add the EP numbers? It matches it, but only for the first episode.. I did that for one season already, but considering I pay for a license, I'd like to use it here. :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Matching Multi Episode Cartoon When filename missing EP numbers

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Match by Episode Title and Match multi-episode out-of-order cartoon episodes by title will get you started, especially if you're using the CLI. The problem is complex but can be automated if you're willing to put in the time.

:arrow: However, if you're using the GUI, then easy solution is to just do Double-Click ➔ Edit Match for each item and then select multiple episodes. If it's a one-off, then I'd just do that. Please read FAQ #2 for details.

EDIT:

If you're using the latest beta, then there's additional tools in the GUI that can assist with this kind of use case.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sqlallstar

Re: Matching Multi Episode Cartoon When filename missing EP numbers

Post by sqlallstar »

Thanks man! I’m on an older version I think. Appreciate the response - thanks for your work!