Renaming only season/season 00/specials in Plex/Emby naming

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
anonymouse

Renaming only season/season 00/specials in Plex/Emby naming

Post by anonymouse »

Hi,

I’ve been using FB for awhile for renaming but somehow ended up with a mix of “specials” from different shows across multiple named folders including “Specials”, “Season”, “Season 0” and “Season 00”. These are within TV Shows folder being used by Plex/Emby. I’m hoping to be able to figure out a way that I can just drag all the TV show folders into FB and have it works its magic.

Is there a way to specify only renaming/moving files within these folders so that they are all the same without touching the other folders (ie Season 01, etc)? To be honest, the files probably don’t even need to be renamed, only moved into a cohesive folder structure.

Is one of these naming preferences better than the others (Specials, Season, Season 00, etc)?

Can this be done via the GUI rather than CLI with a preset? I saw a thread where people were sharing some presets but couldn’t be sure that I found what I needed (and I don’t want to screw up a lot of files at once using the wrong thing). Thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming only season/season 00/specials in Plex/Emby naming

Post by rednoah »

You can drag all the files into FileBot and then use the {plex} format to generate new file paths with a standardized naming scheme for all files.

The {plex} format will generate Specials folders for special episode files:

Code: Select all

X:/Media/{ plex.id }

Code: Select all

X:/Media/TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Specials/Alias - S00E01 - The Legend of Rambaldi

:arrow: Please read the How do I organize files for Plex? guide for detailed instructions and information.

EDIT:

:arrow: Please read Re-organize previously organized files using local xattr metadata if you are re-processing previously processed (and xattr tagged) files. Re-using previously stored metadata is infinitely more reliable and efficient than re-matching files from scratch.

EDIT 2:

:arrow: If you want to only drop Specials into FileBot, then you can do just that, do a Windows search for the files you want and then drop them all into FileBot. Please read How to process only specific kinds of files? for details and alternatives. That said, if you haven't been using TheMovieDB as database and {plex.id} as format, then you probably want to re-process all your files, and not just the specials.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.