Naming of Multi-episode videos?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
mihawk90
Power User

Naming of Multi-episode videos?

Post by mihawk90 »

I'm trying to rename some animes of mine and I'm having an issue with double-episodes.
I'm trying to get a naming scheme like this:

Code: Select all

SSxEE-SSxEE [group] absolute-absolute [hash]
I'm mainly having the issue that I have no idea how to get multiple numbers in there. Is this even possible? Or is it single-episode only?
single episode works fine for me with this:

{s.pad(2)}x{e.pad(2)} [{group}] {absolute.pad(3)} [{crc32.toUpperCase()}]
I really just need something for multi-episode :)

/edit
nice bonus would be if this worked together with single episodes in the same list.
Last edited by mihawk90 on 21 Mar 2014, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Naming of Multi-episode videos?

Post by rednoah »

{s00e00} binding will take care of multi-episode naming by default. That is, IF the multi-episode is recognized as such in the first place. You'll need clear patterns like 1x01x02 or S01E01E02. Random numbers like 01-02 will not do.

But just in case you're wondering, your format, for good or worse, probably the latter, is possible:

{es.collect{ 'S'+s.pad(2)+'E'+it.pad(2)}.join('-')} [{group}] {episodes*.absolute*.pad(2).join('-')} [{crc32}]
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mihawk90
Power User

Post by mihawk90 »

Thanks for the pattern, working fine :)
Just out of interest, why do you think it wouldn't be a good format? It's working fine so far and it's one of XBMCs recommended formats, and Filebot is recognizing it as well.

/edit
now this is weird...
filebot_issue.PNG
I don't really understand how this happens, why are some recognized and some aren't, some right, some wrong? :D
I've also tried it without the titles and get the same results, is there more to the recognition of multi-episode? The {s00e00} placeholder yields the same result as well.

Here's a textfile with the original file names:
Bleach.txt
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

03x11-03x12
This seems to be interpreted the same way as 03x11x03x12 would, and then multi-episode sanity check will throw it away because it's a non-linear sequence.

EDIT: Fixed with 2089
mihawk90
Power User

Post by mihawk90 »

but why did it work for the 09x09-09x10 then :o and the 04x05-04x06 just got another episode added :D

Seems to work fine though, thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

04x05-04x06 is the only one that can be interpreted as linear series ;)

4x05-04x06 => [4x04, 4x05, 4x06]

09x09-09x10 works because the unique set of numbers is still [9x09-09x10] despite accidentally parsing another 9x09
mihawk90
Power User

Post by mihawk90 »

Oh boy I wouldn't have thought about his :D But yeah, makes sense when the parser is looking for linear series :)

Having another little issue though (sorry bothering you over and over :D)
Doesn't seem to recognize Double-Episodes with absolute numbers (at least I think this used to work, not sure!):
filebot_issue.PNG
So apparently it recognizes one of both every time, but if it's the first or last one seems to be somewhat random.
Format string is this:

{es.collect{ s.pad(2)+'x'+it.pad(2)}.join('-')} [{group}] {episodes*.absolute*.pad(3).join('-')} [{crc32}]
This is the latest HEAD revision (8665 according to the buildinfo inside the JAR) by the way, I just downloaded it an hour back or so.

I tried with Absolute and Airdate order setting by the way, neither of them seems to recognize both episodes (or I'M just too stupid at the moment and just don't see my mistake :D)
This is what it looks like with Absolute Order and {episodes*.absolute*.pad(3).join('-')} [{crc32}] as format:
filebot_issue.PNG
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I tested with AniDB at it works just fine.

Looked into that and Multi-Episode matching can only work with primary numbers for technical reasons and there is no way to fix that. So either use AniDB or TheTVDB with Absolute Sort Order.

There was an issue with the default bindings {sxe} and {s00e00} for Multi-Episode-Anime-Files which is fixed with r2097.
mihawk90
Power User

Post by mihawk90 »

Yeah I was trying to use TVDB with Absolute, but then of course there's no Season/Episode Data (and {s00e00} only returns one episode on my end as well). On the other Hand TVDB with Airdate doesn't match correctly/everything.

So is there any way of converting those? The 2 step method doesn't seem to work when {s00e00} returns only one episode and {t} only returns one title as well.

I mean, these are only a few episodes, no problem renaming them by hand, just wondering if there's any way.

PS: Is there anywhere I can see the current revision I'm using (except the revision in the buildinfo inside the jar, which seems to be a different one)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, multi-episode matching only works if the SxE numbers aren't interfering. You can edit the proposed name by pressing F2 if that helps.

You can do filebot -version from cmdline.
mihawk90
Power User

Post by mihawk90 »

Oooohhh good to know there's a possibility to edit single names, thanks :D
Is there an overview for all the possible keyboard shortcuts and similar tricks? For example manually entering the series name via shift-click I also only read randomly about, is there a page for all the combinations? I was looking around but couldn't find anything :(
For example, can I force to rematch a file using a specified episode number?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's really only these 3:

1. DELETE => "Delete Row"
2. SHIFT-DELETE => "Delete Cell"
3. F2 => "Edit Name"

You can always copy & paste entries from Episodes panel and then match them up manually. But that's all in the FAQ and video tutorials.

For Multi-Episode objects you're out of luck though, cause you can't create them manually.
ForceGaia

Post by ForceGaia »

I'm having a similar issue where it doesn't seem to be picking up on multi-episode syntax, it only seems to find the first

I've also tried it in S00E02E03E04 0x02-0x03-0x04 and E020304 formats and it doesn't identify it as multi episode

I'm using AniDB as my source as that's the scraper i plan on using in XBMC
filebot.png
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Multi-Episode detection only works with proper SxE patterns where the files match what's in the db. When using AniDB it can't match because AniDB doesn't have seasons, so multi-episode matching can't work for AniDB.

So if you use AniDB multi-episode naming is not supported, and if you use TheTVDB it has to be S1 like 1x02x03x04.