Folder naming mix of BluRay, DVD, mkv etc

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
dopa0282

Folder naming mix of BluRay, DVD, mkv etc

Post by dopa0282 »

Hi,

First of all great program.

I have a mix of different container types such as avi, mkv, BluRay (BDMV folder), DVD (VIDEO_TS folder)

Trying to rename to folder structure as follows ( I have omitted the year and source parts):

\NEW\FILM1\FILM1.mkv
\NEW\FILM2\BDMV\
\NEW\FILM3\VIDEO_TS\

The closest expression I can get adds an extra folder for BDMV and VIDEO_TS types:

w:\video\New\{n}.({y}).{"($source)"}\{n}.({y}).{"($source)"}

\NEW\FILM1\FILM1.mkv
\NEW\FILM2\FILM2\BDMV\
\NEW\FILM3\FILM3\VIDEO_TS\

Struggling to find a way to get rid of the extra folder which causes issues for the poster art display on the media player I use. I think Filebot understands these folder structures but have been unable to find any bindings storing this information to use in the expression

Also is there a way to detect the source from the folder structures? (e.g. BDMV = BluRay, VIDEO_TS = DVD)

Best Regards
rednoah
The Source

Re: Folder naming mix of BluRay, DVD, mkv etc

Post by rednoah »

In case of BluRay / DVD folders it'll treat the whole folder as if it was a file. So if normally you have a folder / file structure you will have a folder / folder structure. The latter folder being the original folder, whatever it may contain.

Here's what I mean:

Code: Select all

{if (file.isFile()) "$n $y/"}{n} {y}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dopa0282

Post by dopa0282 »

Thanks for the quick response.

Almost got this to work but it looks like if filebot finds a .nfo file in the folder it automatically treats this as a folder even if folder only contains an mkv file and nfo file

What logic does filebot use to determine if a folder is a "file" or a "folder"?

Do I need to delete all my nfo files and then use script to create them again later?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's the disk folder pattern:

Code: Select all

BDMV|HVDVD_TS|VIDEO_TS|AUDIO_TS|VCD|movie.nfo
If you rename it to anything other than movie.nfo it'll then work with the video files, rather than the folder as a whole. Only the videos files, FileBot doesn't care about existing artwork, or any other metadata files left behind by other software. Because it's best to recreate that from a clean structure.

I recommend using the Filename: Find & Replace script to rename all the movie.nfo files
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... &t=5#p2100
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.