NOT fetching data?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
yuppicide

NOT fetching data?

Post by yuppicide »

Nice software. Makes fast work of a long/tedious task.

Is there a way to NOT fetch data?

For example, one group names their show Pawn Star$ for some reason. I hate that. One site lists it as Pist Stars, but only has 4 episodes or so. Another show I downloaded was all named like 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, so none of the fetches work for me anyway because it doesn't know what TV show that is.

But anyway, 99.9% of the time I don't like to fetch data.. I just load in the shows I want to rename and say edit format and type Show Name - {s00e00} and that's good enough for me.. but still I have to click the fetch data button.
yuppicide

Re: NOT fetching data?

Post by yuppicide »

Really annoys me that Piratebay will show a list of episodes, Newsgroups shows it different, Wikpedia shows it different.. who the heck is right anyway? Wikipedia shows American Pickers Season 3 as only having 12 episodes, yet other places go up to 20. Season 4? Wiki - 23 eps, others 27 eps.
yuppicide

Post by yuppicide »

Another reason why I just rename myself.. I have Bar Rescue Season 4.. it's trying to rename them as episodes from Season 1, 2, and 3.. all wrong. I guess I can't even rename them with this software? Because it won't fetch anything on some sites, and on other sites the data is totally wrong.

I understand Piratebay is most likely wrong, because other sites do not even show a Season 4.. I'm just getting at that I'd like to be able to rename without fetching.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If the names don't make sense it the first place, I recommend using a generic regex renamer.

Or not using "fetch" and instead dragging in a new names list from "List" panel.

PS: TheTVDB is always right. TheMovieDB is always right.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.