Help with Collection/Series No.

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
coheed83

Help with Collection/Series No.

Post by coheed83 »

Hi All,

I'm a new user to FileBot and think it is absolutely brilliant.

I'm needing a bit of help with movies that are a part of a collection e.g. Harry Potter Collection. The code I'm using is:

Code: Select all

G:/Movies/{collection+' - '}{n} ({y}) [{genres.take(5).join(' l ')}]
I haven't been able to find anywhere that includes the series number so that the file may display Harry Potter Collection 1 - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001). This would be beneficial for marathon watching as my TV auto-plays into the next movie. The other idea that I had (but can't figure out how to do it) is to add the year into the collection name e.g. Harry Potter Collection (2001) - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001). This would then place the movie in the correct sequence and I'm not too fussed about having the year in there twice as long as it is incorporated into the collection title.

Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere (I have looked but none seem to answer this exactly)

Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with Collection/Series No.

Post by rednoah »

I don't think "collection index" is part of the API, though one could count movies by year of release. You could experiment with {i} binding.

The second one is easy, and isn't it obvious, since you already came pretty far anyway?

{collection+' ('+y+')'+' - '}{n} ({y})
EDIT:
For future reference and only works with r2465 or above:

{model.groupBy{it.collection}[collection].sort{it.y}.n.indexOf(n)}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
coheed83

Re: Help with Collection/Series No.

Post by coheed83 »

Rednoah to the rescue again. Thanks a lot.