nfo only simple rename batch

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
part timer

nfo only simple rename batch

Post by part timer »

So I'm starting to think that maybe I should change my setup once again, in this constant evolution and go with movie.nfo instead of the exact matches like I've been doing. If I decide to go this route, I obviously hope for the easiest way to rename them. My thought was drag to analyze tab. Drag nfo's to rename tab. Format as just 'movie'. Then I have to click match and wait and maybe error. In this case I don't actually need it to be smart and match though, I just want to use it as a dumb renaming tool instead. Is there any easy way to do that with the gui, since I can't script to save my life. Also, what about the few times I have doubles of movies named slightly different, each with their own nfo's that will both try to be named movie.nfo in the same folder.

That's actually my reasoning. I already use generic named fanart and posters, so if I delete one of the versions I have the others still use the same jpgs anyways. Would be the same with the nfo this way, they would all share it in the folder, even if I deleted the movie file. Also would make disk folders w/movie.nfo easier, since I wouldn't have to edit jars.

I just don't want to take hours processing again.
rednoah
The Source

Re: nfo only simple rename batch

Post by rednoah »

1. Goto List panel
2. Pattern: "movie", From: 1, To: 9999 => Create
3. Drag list of names into "New Names" area

=> Text files or text from clipboard can also be used as names template ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.