Using the GUI, can i save the movie title to a csv file?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
DevXen
Power User

Using the GUI, can i save the movie title to a csv file?

Post by DevXen »

I would like to make a list of my 3D movies, and add to it, as new ones are created.

I saw there is a script, similar to doing that using the CLI. but is there a way to add each movie to a new line
in a csv file by using the GUI?
DevXen
Power User

Re: Using the GUI, can i save the movie title to a csv file?

Post by DevXen »

And possibly improve upon it to create a whole database of my media. but that would be more later. haha.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, that "export media library as CSV file" is pretty much that one filebot script, and there's no GUI equivalent for that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DevXen
Power User

Post by DevXen »

Oh. that sucks. I was thinking that would be a great way to keep a catalog of my videos. that would get updated everytime i used it rename/organize files. oh well. thank you anyways.
DavidRTurner
Power User

Post by DavidRTurner »

DevXen wrote:Oh. that sucks. I was thinking that would be a great way to keep a catalog of my videos. that would get updated everytime i used it rename/organize files. oh well. thank you anyways.
I'm now using the MediaIndex feature in a batch file to run the collection overnight (due to the time it takes for thousands of files) to create my list(s).

But my 'old' way was simply to run a simple DOS batch file & pipe it to a text file:
dir z:\movies /s /b > z:\movies\MovieCollection.txt

I then need to clean up the text manually, dropping empty folders, etc. - and DVD folders are a pain; but it works adequately, albeit VERY simply...