FileBot is having problems identifying movies...

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Rick7C2

FileBot is having problems identifying movies...

Post by Rick7C2 »

I have over 1,000 movies that need to be renamed but file bot is not able to identify them.

They are currently named as follows

decade\year - MovieName.ext

example...

1930\1937 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.avi

using the GUI, when I try to match them it shows a list of movies to select from. None of which are the correct movie.

For "1937 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.avi" I get the following list...

http://imgur.com/a/bjo7w

Simply adding "()" around the year allows filebot to identify the movie like normal. So I assume filebot sees the year as part of the movie title instead of the movie year.

Is there any way I can get filebot to detect the year as is. Or maybe some other way to mass rename all files with "()" around year so can then run filebot?
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot is having problems identifying movies...

Post by rednoah »

Well named files will work better than badly named files. The year is generally expected to be after the movie name. Also, things generally work less well for rare old movies.

Just removing the leading numbers (and maybe adding at the the end of the filename) would be a good pre processing step to make things more smooth. See Presets for how to automate that step.

If it's just a few files you can always just force the search query. See FAQ for that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Rick7C2

Re: FileBot is having problems identifying movies...

Post by Rick7C2 »

Thanks!

I was able to rename all the movies to the following format "MovieName (Year)" with the format below.

After that was done filebot was able to identify all of the movies without any problems.

Code: Select all

{fn.after(/^[0-9 -]+/)} {Date.parse('yyyy', fn.before(/\s/)).format('(yyyy)')}