Renaming some folders but moving all

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Wrinkles88

Renaming some folders but moving all

Post by Wrinkles88 »

Hey everyone, I apologize in advance. I'm sure this has been covered over and over but this program is pretty advanced for me.

Basically I have a folder where I have movies downloaded to. Most of the folders are named to my liking but one release group uses spaces instead of dots to separate the titling. I would like to change that. I don't want to change any of the naming scheme besides that.

After that I would like the renamed folders and the untouched folders to be moved to my permanent movie folder. I am hoping the folder moving can be automatic as well.

I assuming this is possible so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming some folders but moving all

Post by rednoah »

There's an example in the Presets that'll show you to to batch process files instantly without matching them to any online data (e.g. to replace spaces with dots).

FileBot does not move or rename folders. However, it can sort video files into a new folder structure. Please read FAQ #1 and learn how format expressions work.

The first video tutorial does show the basics:
http://www.filebot.net/getting-started/

What you're trying to do is possible, but it's probably best to keep things simple and standard instead.

Just set an absolute destination format then then have FileBot move/rename to that location:

Code: Select all

M:/path/to/permanent/media/{plex}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.