Use Airdate Order for matching and DVD Order for renaming

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
gespensen

Use Airdate Order for matching and DVD Order for renaming

Post by gespensen »

I'm new to Filebot and have found FileBot to be a great flexible app.
Question:
I have set my default file name in the Remane tab to {n} - {s00e00} - {t} and it works fine. To get the TV show Firefly in the correct order I went to the Episode tab selected the Absolute Order and it gave me the order I wanted. However the Episode Tab file name " {t} - e00} - {t} "is not the naming convention I wanted. Completing the moving the file order to the Episodes Tab to the Rename Tab the naming convention is still not my default naming format nor can I change the ordered naming format in the New Name column to my default by selecting the file in the New Names Column > Options:File Format to my default. Can someone assist me with this issue? Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Re: Episode Tab file Name incorrect

Post by rednoah »

The Episode tab lists Episode objects. It does not format them. If you drag-n-drop the Episode objects into the New Names column, then your Episode format will be applied to each Episode object.

Absolute Order Episode objects do not have a season number. In this case, the {s00e00} binding will just give you "E01" because the season is undefined. If you want SxE numbers, then you need to use Airdate Order or DVD Order Episode data.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gespensen

Post by gespensen »

Ok thank you for your response rednoah. So to be clear of any confusion, it is impossible to get a creators order or absolute order under the rename tab with the s00e00 in the file name.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not sure. I'm actually not sure what the problem is. You haven't told us what database you're using, or what TV show is giving you the wrong order, or why that order is the wrong order.

:?: Maybe you could provide specific examples and screenshots for what you're trying to achieve and the problem you have encountered. Then we might be able to find a solution.
gespensen

Post by gespensen »

Ok fair response. I'm using FileBot Version 4.7.9 The TV Show is FireFly. I my not have explained my issue plainly. I wanted to have the episode sequence in DVD order and not Airdate Order with my default naming convention. In going through documenting my process for you, I seemed to have resolved my issue. Thank you for taking the time to assist me.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. I presume your files are named with Airdate Order, but you want to convert that to DVD Order.

In this case, you'd set Preferred Episode Order to Airdate Order so that each file will get matched to the correct episode automatically, and then use the {order} binding to dynamically force values for a different Episode Order

e.g.

Code: Select all

{order.dvd.plex}

{order.dvd.plex.name}

{n} - {order.dvd.s00e00} - {t}
@see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769

Alternatively, a maybe more simple approach would be to fetch DVD Order episode data and then manually realign each file with the matching episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btNSv7AnMMw

gespensen

Re: Use Airdate Order for matching and DVD Order for renaming

Post by gespensen »

Thank you again for you response and answer.