TV episode format

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
eamonshort

TV episode format

Post by eamonshort »

Hey users / dev team i have a bit of 6TB of television episodes and decided one day to go through and rename them from their hideous format. I then found out about the renamer and was disappointed i then found you guys and love the program but im having trouble with one thing. The format i used (and want to keep as it makes playlists easier) is File "Show name" -> Sub-folder "season X" -> Episode XX "Title" i know it's only a small change from the format that you can make easily in the application which gives the episode number but i want it set up so as that episode 1 would be Episode 01 any tips?
rednoah
The Source

Re: TV episode format

Post by rednoah »

Have you had a look at the manual?
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

Like the second example?

Code: Select all

V:/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}
I recommend having S00E00 or 1x01 so HTPC software has an easier time to work with it.

But if you really need your Episode X format just look at the third example and combine with the second:

V:/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/Episode {e.pad(2)} - {t}
(with just using {e} you don't get multi-episode support, for that you'll have to use {es} instead)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
eamonshort

Post by eamonshort »

rednoah wrote:Have you had a look at the manual?
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

Like the second example?

V:/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}
I recommend having S00E00 or 1x01 so HTPC software has an easier time to work with it.

But if you really need your Episode X format just look at the third example and combine with the second:

V:/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/Episode {e.pad(2)} - {t}
(with just using {e} you don't get multi-episode support, for that you'll have to use {es} instead)
Thanks man =D this is by the far the most useful application i have come across, I have never donated to a freeware producer before but this saved me so much trouble i feel obliged
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's not crappy freeware. It's open-source. Support if any kind highly appreciated. :)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.