Unable to rename multiple files at once

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Massappeal16

Unable to rename multiple files at once

Post by Massappeal16 »

I had held off on doing the latest update and my computer installed it for me evidently. Now when I drag over 5 different tv shows to rename, it only grabs the first one and wants to label them all as that. Any way to fix this? I have been dragging them one by one but that is annoying.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unable to rename multiple files at once

Post by rednoah »

:?: What does sysinfo say?

:arrow: Please post screenshots or files paths as text so that we can see what you are seeing.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help for details:
rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40
  • Include Screenshots (absolutely required for new topics)
  • Include file paths as text when reporting mismatches (press F7 to copy debug information)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Spox

Post by Spox »

Does this help? When trying to rename episodes of several different shows at the same time, Filebot 5 .0 treats them all like episodes of the same show (see screenshot).

- Tried 3 different providers - TVDB, TVMaze, TheMovieDB - with the same result.
- Tried several different mixes of shows with the same result.
- This was always possible with FB 4.9.6 and earlier before upgrading, but consistently doesn't work at all after.

My usual workflow is to collect episodes of different shows in a common download folder before renaming/sorting them into their own folders. Having to do them one at a time is a huge step backwards in terms of usability. I hope this is just a regression bug, or misconfiguration resulting from the upgrade, because if it's the new normal for Filebot, I'll be reverting to 4.9.6.

--- SysInfo ---

Code: Select all

FileBot 5.0.0 (r9655)
JNA Native: 6.1.4
MediaInfo: 22.12
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2023-02-16 (r889)
Groovy: 4.0.9
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.6
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 24 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 355 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [XXXX] @ 1.1 TB | NTFS [XXXX] @ 601 GB | NTFS [XXXX] @ 213 GB
DATA: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License PXXXXXXXXX (Valid-Until: 2070-12-23)
--- File paths ---

FBI.S05E16.720p.x265-T0PAZ.mkv	{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Star Trek: Picard","season":2,"episode":6,"title":"Two of One","absolute":16,"airdate":{"year":2022,"month":4,"day":7},"id":3635116,"group":"Season 2","seriesInfo":{"database":"TheMovieDB::TV","order":"Airdate","language":"en-US","type":"Scripted","id":85949,"name":"Star Trek: Picard","aliasNames":["星际迷航:皮卡德","Jornada nas Estrelas: Picard","Star Trek: Pikard","Uzay Yolu: Picard","Zvjezdane staze: Picard","Žvaigždžių kelias: Picardas","Звездане стазе: Пикар","Звёздный путь: Пикар","Зоряний шлях: Пікар","Стар Трек: Пикар","スター・トレック:ピカード","星際爭霸戰:畢凱","스타 트렉: 피카드","Star Trek - Picard","Star Trek Picard","Star Trek. Picard"],"certification":"TV-MA","startDate":{"year":2020,"month":1,"day":23},"genres":["Sci-Fi & Fantasy","Action & Adventure"],"spokenLanguages":["en"],"network":"CBS All Access","rating":7.258,"ratingCount":1399,"status":"Returning Series"}}
Star.Trek.Picard.S03E05.720p.x265-T0PAZ.mkv	{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Star Trek: Picard","season":3,"episode":5,"title":"Imposters","absolute":25,"airdate":{"year":2023,"month":3,"day":16},"id":4218554,"group":"Season 3","seriesInfo":{"database":"TheMovieDB::TV","order":"Airdate","language":"en-US","type":"Scripted","id":85949,"name":"Star Trek: Picard","aliasNames":["星际迷航:皮卡德","Jornada nas Estrelas: Picard","Star Trek: Pikard","Uzay Yolu: Picard","Zvjezdane staze: Picard","Žvaigždžių kelias: Picardas","Звездане стазе: Пикар","Звёздный путь: Пикар","Зоряний шлях: Пікар","Стар Трек: Пикар","スター・トレック:ピカード","星際爭霸戰:畢凱","스타 트렉: 피카드","Star Trek - Picard","Star Trek Picard","Star Trek. Picard"],"certification":"TV-MA","startDate":{"year":2020,"month":1,"day":23},"genres":["Sci-Fi & Fantasy","Action & Adventure"],"spokenLanguages":["en"],"network":"CBS All Access","rating":7.258,"ratingCount":1399,"status":"Returning Series"}}
True.Lies.S01E03.720p.x265-T0PAZ.mkv	{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Star Trek: Picard","season":1,"episode":3,"title":"The End Is the Beginning","absolute":3,"airdate":{"year":2020,"month":2,"day":6},"id":2057377,"group":"Season 1","seriesInfo":{"database":"TheMovieDB::TV","order":"Airdate","language":"en-US","type":"Scripted","id":85949,"name":"Star Trek: Picard","aliasNames":["星际迷航:皮卡德","Jornada nas Estrelas: Picard","Star Trek: Pikard","Uzay Yolu: Picard","Zvjezdane staze: Picard","Žvaigždžių kelias: Picardas","Звездане стазе: Пикар","Звёздный путь: Пикар","Зоряний шлях: Пікар","Стар Трек: Пикар","スター・トレック:ピカード","星際爭霸戰:畢凱","스타 트렉: 피카드","Star Trek - Picard","Star Trek Picard","Star Trek. Picard"],"certification":"TV-MA","startDate":{"year":2020,"month":1,"day":23},"genres":["Sci-Fi & Fantasy","Action & Adventure"],"spokenLanguages":["en"],"network":"CBS All Access","rating":7.258,"ratingCount":1399,"status":"Returning Series"}}
--- Log (since upgrading to FB 5.0) ---

Mar 16, 2023 2:09:03 AM net.filebot.DiskStore acquireDiskStore
WARNING: Current application revision (r9655) does not match cache revision (r9125): reset cache
Mar 16, 2023 2:09:03 AM net.filebot.DiskStore acquireDiskStore
WARNING: Initialize new disk cache: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache\0
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for pasting file paths. I can reproduce the problem. Something is going awry here. This is a bug.

EDIT:

You may downgrade to the previous FileBot 4.9.6 release for the time being:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/

EDIT:

:arrow: You can use Smart Mode: Automatic for the time being. That is confirmed to work correctly in this case.

obbzy

Post by obbzy »

Same here, new version has made it awful..

Literally one file at a time can be done, beyond that it thinks everything is the same.

please change it back or guide me to a refund.

Cannot find a smart mode anywhere..
Last edited by obbzy on 16 Mar 2023, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You may downgrade to the previous FileBot 4.9.6 release for the time being:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/
namgorf2001

Post by namgorf2001 »

Anyone who says Smart Mode isn't there is just lying or blind. The program is built specifically the same way for everyone so either post screen shot proof it's not there or don't demand a refund.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

namgorf2001 wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 12:39 Anyone who says Smart Mode isn't there is just lying or blind.
The user probably just omitted some key piece of information. There are a good number of users that somehow exclusively use the Presets feature, and manage to never use see the Fetch Data context menu or Format Editor window.

The underlying issue is rather embarrassing though. The Smart Mode: Automatic workaround came to mind because that's probably how this rather obvious issue somehow slipped through QA... Unfortunately, this workaround is not applicable for Presets users.
Spox

Post by Spox »

Smart Mode Automatic seems to have issues as well. Every time I try to use it, this happens:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, because I hardly ever use it, but whether I drag files into FB, send them via Windows context menus, or use the Load button as the prompt suggests, it still doesn't see them. Probably easier to just revert to 4.9.6, or wait for you to figure this out - if you can reproduce the bug, I'm hoping the fix won't take long. Thanks for the quick response.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Smart Mode: Automatic allows you to process movie and episode files at once. This may not work if the files don't really conform to one or another or both. The message indicates that FileBot doesn't recognize these files as episode files (e.g. as if you had just loaded in some random non-video files) which is rather strange. That said, that aspect works for me with the sample file names above, so no idea why it's not working for you. My best guess is that the full file path is somehow at play. This would be a rather separate issue though likely unrelated to the original topic of this thread.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r9661 fixes the issue:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/

Please check and confirm that this revision works better or at least no worse than previous releases.

Post by 77683 »

rednoah wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 19:29 FileBot r9661 fixes the issue:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/

Please check and confirm that this revision works better or at least no worse than previous releases.
Tested and appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks
What's the eta on a non-beta release?
wince

Post by wince »

Confirming I had the same issue as Massappeal16 although I am on a Mac. Once I downloaded and updated to r9661 on Mac, it works as it can rename multiple files from different shows at once.
I don't use automatic mode as I prefer to use thetvdb database
Spox

Post by Spox »

The beta seems to be working, based on very limited testing so far. Results are still 100% better than the original 5.0 release. Any idea how long it will be before a full (non-beta/non-portable) release shows up? Thanks again for the quick response.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 5.0.1 has been released:
viewtopic.php?p=59304#p59304
viseniv

Post by viseniv »

rednoah wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 08:55 FileBot 5.0.1 has been released:
viewtopic.php?p=59304#p59304
For me filebot 5.0.1 is the same as 5.0. Returning back to 4.9.6.
No one tested this releases?
Last edited by viseniv on 18 Mar 2023, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

viseniv wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 20:02 For me filebot 5.0.1 is the same as 5.0. Returning back to 4.9.6.
No one tested this releases?
Please paste the file paths that don't work for you so we can add them to our test cases.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: :?: Anytime the FileBot Desktop application comes up with bad matches, please do press the F7 keyboard key to copy file paths as text and then CTRL+V paste them here. That would be extremely helpful. Thank you.
Spox

Post by Spox »

5.01 has fixed the problem for me. Everything is working as expected again. Anyone still having issues might want to retry the installation to be sure it worked. Thanks again for the quick turnaround on this.