v3.8 bug

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
ultima

v3.8 bug

Post by ultima »

Hi,

Downloaded v3.8 yesterday on my Mac and now when I drag files in to rename they stay greyed out. When I try and match Filebot reports "Nothing to match. Please add some files and fetch data first". Uninstalled and re-installed and still doesn't work, help!
lve_msg

Re: v3.8 bug

Post by lve_msg »

Made an account, just to say the same thing, but found out you can right click and rename that way, but doing so stops you from being able to copy off of the computer.
ultima

Post by ultima »

Great cheers!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: "stops you from being able to copy off of the computer" :?:

The Match button had one special behavior: IF files not empty AND names is empty DO click "Fetch Data" OTHERWISE match files<->names

Match button is now simple: match files<->names, if you want to fetch data click "Fetch Data" or just right-click anywhere.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lve_msg

Post by lve_msg »

Clicking Match causes this to happen

Clicking Fetch Data on the bottom right, or right-clicking & matching does rename the files, but when I go to copy to my external HDD, I get this.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Click "Fetch Data" instead of "Match"

2. Use NTFS on your external HD => http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=324
lve_msg

Post by lve_msg »

I copy to my external to watch on my PS3, & PS3 only does Fat32.

My 1TB is NTFS it does copy there, but for my 1TB I don't rename files when moving my stuff there, so it's no help to me.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can always turn off the xattr feature:
Q: After I renamed files and move them to my NAS or external HDD Windows it displays a "Property Loss" warning for file. It's very annoying! How can I get around that?
A: On Windows FileBot will store some metadata in NTFS Extended Attributes that will be lost if a file is moved to another filesystem that doesn't support EAs. You can disable this feature by setting -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false in the *.l4j.ini config files. When launching via the FileBot (platform) shortcut this feature is disabled by default.
lve_msg

Post by lve_msg »

Thank You! Found the filebot.launcher.l4j file and changed the settings and now I can copy to my fat32, kinda stinks can't use the match button anymore but whatever, it does what I need.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I guess I'll have to enable the old special behavior again... though surprised people are actually using it. I only use right-click the list. Though u can still do right-click Match button. :P