Move the file type tags to the left in the panels please.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Wolfie

Move the file type tags to the left in the panels please.

Post by Wolfie »

TSIA.

When doing a match and having the new names pop up in the right panel, the file type on both sides gets shoved further and further to the right, so that to see a file type you have to scroll it. Any chance of those little yellow suckers being on the left side (at least on the left panel), so that the type remains next to the name instead of disappearing into the void?
:mrgreen:
rednoah
The Source

Re: Move the file type tags to the left in the panels please.

Post by rednoah »

:?: Is the file type important? What kind of decision making during match confirmation would be taking file type into account?

:idea: If you care about the file type (e.g. when modifying the file type) then Rename Options ➔ Extension: Override will change display and rename logic accordingly.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

When I load a folder, I do a match and if I see a bunch of srt files or something else that I want to get rid of (let's say avi instead of mp4's but only certain ones), it's easier to have the extension and name both visible at the same time. I know that renaming srt files is a feature, but sometimes I don't want them and so I like to nuke them when I'm renaming stuff manually. Just also bothers me that the little yellow tags move further away as the full filenames are created.
:D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just switch to Rename Options ➔ Extension: Override and add .{ext} to your format. Might work better for your use case.

:idea: The scroll area is synchronized, so if you have some really long format, that will ensure that you won't see the extension label. Just use a format that yields short file paths such as {plex.name} while you're sorting out the files you want / don't want.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

If the original names are long enough (or window isn't wide enough), then I still won't see the first part of the name with the extension.
:P
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you switch to Rename Options ➔ Extension: Override it'll display the extension as part of the file name but with dedicated extension highlighting, instead of a label on the side.

You can quickly switch between Rename Options ➔ Extension: Override and Rename Options ➔ Extension: Preserve if you prefer one for it's display behaviour, but the other for it's rename behaviour.