chocolatey error on install

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
sanjonny

chocolatey error on install

Post by sanjonny »

I tried to use chocolatey to install filebot (trying new things) as i think I can then do some cool stuff with keeping it updated and such.

But, when I tried installing on windows 8.1 64 bit machine, it tried to install java for 32 bit and then failed, but then correctly detected filebot 64 bit and I think installed it (even though it was already installed I guess I have to install thru chocolatey for it to keep track in the future? Still learning)

When I look for the version history in chocolately, it does not show. Meaning I don't know if it just overwrote it and all is okay or really what happened. Filebot is still on my computer so I guess it was okay.

Weird thing was, i obviously already had java, so why would it try to install it anyway. Is it an error in that it is trying to install 32 bit java and detected it was not on the computer (obviously because its 64 bit) or something else.

I think this is a filebot error, but heck it might just be I don't know how to use chocolatey. But it seems like a cool program so thats why I am loooking into it.
rednoah
The Source

Re: chocolatey error on install

Post by rednoah »

Please file the issue to the maintainer of the java package:
http://chocolatey.org/packages/javaruntime

I think the Java package will install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java runtime. Check with the above package.

Also chocolatey only knows about what has been installed via chocolatey. And if you change things manually chocolatey can't know about it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sanjonny

Re: chocolatey error on install

Post by sanjonny »

I will contact him also, and I am sorry if I am new, but I already had java on the computer, it seems like that should be something chocolatey should be able to detect. Is it that way with all dependencies that if they have not been installed by chocolatey they will be installed again?

I guess add far as filebotr is concerned, it's weird that it said it succeeded in the install of filebot, but does not show in chocolatey afterwards.