TheTVDB Alternate Order

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
angusc

TheTVDB Alternate Order

Post by angusc »

There's a few series that I've always had order problems with, usually involving a pilot or "movie" which kicked off the series or a season. An easy example is Star Wars Rebels. The first episode is marked as a Special (S00E08) in the standard order on tvdb, so basically the user has to remember and go watch that first.

With the new changes over at TheTVDB, seems like they finally address this with an Alternate order.

In filebot I tried selecting the alternate orders in the episode window, but none of them were pulling up this order. Is this accessible through filebot currently?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: TheTVDB Alternate Order

Post by rednoah »

FileBot currently does not support per-series custom orders. Not sure if those are even accessible at all via the API yet. Probably not. It'll probably take a while before TheTVDB website / TheTVDB API service / FileBot support those new features throughout.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jerry1333

Post by jerry1333 »

Hello, any news about supporting alternate order?
There is more and more series that gets wrecked by disney+ and other vod platforms doing what they want with episode numbering.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please try the latest beta and see if it works for your use case.

Posting file paths of badly named files that require alternative order would be appreciated.

Note that switching order in FileBot will not help Plex / Kodi / friends identify your files. If you're just renaming for yourself, then it's fine though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jerry1333

Post by jerry1333 »

rednoah wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 01:26 Note that switching order in FileBot will not help Plex / Kodi / friends identify your files. If you're just renaming for yourself, then it's fine though.
Yes I understand that, thanks - I'll try it.