TVDB Troubles - Again

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
JuiceWSA

TVDB Troubles - Again

Post by JuiceWSA »

Filebot stopped negotiating with TVDB 10 hours ago and I wonder if this is the reason - or is it they're still 'working on something':

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.ph ... e4#p168202

Also, apologies for adding a thread when this one already existed:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11416
RonaiSanzer

Re: TVDB Troubles - Again

Post by RonaiSanzer »

Yep, I thought my network was being troublesome some way, it ends up they switched to some new API and stopped using legacy code. I tried using the TMVDB Episode format but it's not good.
JuiceWSA

Post by JuiceWSA »

It is possible they still have the 'innards' in a bucket over at TVDB and this is temporary. Until we hear something official I am trying to remain.... calm.

;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm netting read timeouts as well:

Code: Select all

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
:arrow: Not much we can do. Other than try again tomorrow. This kind of generic network issue is definitely a temporary one. Or use TheMovieDB (TV mode) instead.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
JuiceWSA

Post by JuiceWSA »

rednoah wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 15:22 I'm netting read timeouts as well:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
:arrow: Not much we can do. Other than try again tomorrow. This kind of generic network issue is definitely a temporary one. Or use TheMovieDB (TV mode) instead.
Ah... good news.

That means it's time to fire up COH2 for a few hours while we wait...lol

Thanks, Man.
ByteShare

Post by ByteShare »

Is FileBot on the new API? https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61687 (API Update: Removing legacy SSL support)
They might have turned off something
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, but SSL changes would affect both v1 and v2 API clients. That being said, removal of legacy SSL versions won't affect FileBot, at least not recently (as in after ~2015) released versions, and the error would likely say something akin to SSL Handshake failed rather than Read timeout.
JuiceWSA

Post by JuiceWSA »

rednoah wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 20:54 Yes, but SSL changes would affect both v1 and v2 API clients. That being said, removal of legacy SSL versions won't affect FileBot, at least not recently (as in after ~2015) released versions, and the error would likely say something akin to SSL Handshake failed rather than Read timeout.
So, a quick F5 twice tells me I'm on 4.8.5 and all I need do is continue doing something else for a while...

OK... got that covered.

;)
ByteShare

Post by ByteShare »

rednoah wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 20:54 Yes, but SSL changes would affect both v1 and v2 API clients. That being said, removal of legacy SSL versions won't affect FileBot, at least not recently (as in after ~2015) released versions, and the error would likely say something akin to SSL Handshake failed rather than Read timeout.
Okay, thank you for clearing that up. Seems then we just have to wait on TheTVDB end.
JuiceWSA

Post by JuiceWSA »

All is well this morning. Everything working as expected.
Crisis over.
Segarra

Post by Segarra »

Correcto is working again, for me as well!
terra17

Post by terra17 »

Hi ! On Synology NAS AMC script is not working yet because of TVDB. Some solutions ?

Thank u
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could try configure retryDelay and retryLimit, so that it'll wait and try again later more often and longer:

export FILEBOT_OPTS="-Dnet.filebot.CachedResource.retryDelay=PT10M -Dnet.filebot.CachedResource.retryLimit=5 -Dnet.filebot.logging.time=true"
:idea: FileBot 4.9.0 or higher is required.

:!: FileBot will be running on your machine, mostly in idle state CPU wise, but in RAM. So if you use the settings from above, you might end up with a FileBot process waiting around for days until TheTVDB works again. This would be an easy but wasteful solution.
demmaps

Post by demmaps »

I found during the outage that if FileBot is unable to reach TVDB, shows are processed into Unsorted and added to the exclude list. Is there a way to have FileBot instead retry them later please?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No, as that would require filebot to hang around forever. You can of course add your own macro-level retry behaviour that keeps track of things, and retries things as necessary.

Yes, if you don't mind FileBot hanging around forever:
rednoah wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 10:33 You could try configure retryDelay and retryLimit, so that it'll wait and try again later more often and longer:

export FILEBOT_OPTS="-Dnet.filebot.CachedResource.retryDelay=PT10M -Dnet.filebot.CachedResource.retryLimit=5 -Dnet.filebot.logging.time=true"
:idea: FileBot 4.9.0 or higher is required.

:!: FileBot will be running on your machine, mostly in idle state CPU wise, but in RAM. So if you use the settings from above, you might end up with a FileBot process waiting around for days until TheTVDB works again. This would be an easy but wasteful solution.