Unrecognized option: --illegal-access=permit

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
norrington

Post by norrington »

It worked a full year, nothing wrong. Then after a year, I bought the permanent license and now after I installed the permanent license, this happens:

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/video/Umbenennen --output /volume1/video/ --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict override --lang de --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'clean=y' 'minLengthMS=0' 'minFileSize=0' 'seriesFormat=Serien/{n}/{n}.{s00e00} - {t}' 'animeFormat=Filme/{n} ({y})' 'movieFormat=Filme/{n} ({y})' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

------------------------------------------

[Process error]

🔺 Exit Code: 1
are you serious? Is it because I bought the permanent license?

Using Synology DS918+ latest OS version

and latest version for filebot and filebot node.

I tried rebooting and reinstalling. Did not solve anything. Other java based apps work, like Jdownloader etc.

Filebot 4.9.0
Filebot Node 0.2.9
rednoah
The Source

Re: filebot launch error illegal acces permit

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.9.0 requires Java 11 or higher. You're using Java 8, which is rather odd, because our Java Installer package will definitely have set you up with Java 13+ at this point in time:
https://www.filebot.net/linux/syno.html

:arrow: You'll need to install Java Installer, FileBot and FileBot Node all from our package repository.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
billybob1234567

Re: Unrecognized option: --illegal-access=permit

Post by billybob1234567 »

This is happening to me too; I have a DS218. The problem is that I have Synology's packages of Java8/Tomcat7 so I can run an audio server. When I install the rednoah Java Installer, it stops the server from working. Perhaps this is because it's not running as the 'http' user, I'm not sure. Can you suggest a workaround?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unrecognized option: --illegal-access=permit

Post by rednoah »

billybob1234567 wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 18:06 This is happening to me too; I have a DS218. The problem is that I have Synology's packages of Java8/Tomcat7 so I can run an audio server. When I install the rednoah Java Installer, it stops the server from working. Perhaps this is because it's not running as the 'http' user, I'm not sure. Can you suggest a workaround?
Well, FileBot absolutely requires Java 11+ so we can't use Java 8. Java is typically very backwards-compatible, so running Tomcat7 with Java 11+ should be possible. But without logs, we're flying blind, no idea. Best to ask the authors of your audio server how to debug this kind of issue.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.