3.8 horrible matching via right click

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
sanjonny

3.8 horrible matching via right click

Post by sanjonny »

SOmething major got horked in matching in 3.8.

Before I could take several titles of different series and right click to rename from the tvdb database.
Now every time I right click, it asks for series name, no matter if it is one entry or 10 different ones. And the matching then one by one still asks for series name and gets it right only about 1/3 the time. It is awful, like a regression to version 2 or something. Please go back to the old matching or something. I am trying to dowload the 3.6 or 3.7 version I guess. I am shocked more people are not complaining about it.

I am using win8 64bit
sanjonny

Re: 3.8 horrible matching via right click

Post by sanjonny »

FileBot 3.8 (r1840)
JNA Native: 4.0.0
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.64
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
chromaprint-tools: fpcalc version 1.0.0 (C:\Program Files\FileBot\fpcalc.exe)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine:
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_45
64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Windows 8 (amd64)
Done ?(?????)?

and this error via cmdline
Dec 05, 2013 12:19:28 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Give me the filenames so I can try myself. I don't think I changed anything that major.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

well one big change is the always popping up the entry box (like pressing shift before right clicking) on every file. Also, it does not show the name in the select box (shows matching "dads" or whatever show it might be looking for, so it is blank. so you have no idea what input it is looking for.

Well started writing that and then went back to make some screen shots and compare the differences between 3.6 and 3.8. Somewhere in that process it now seems that 3.8 is matching correctly. I can not understand what the difference is, unless there was some weird java problem that was causing it. I tried over and over again to make sure it was repeatable, and it was, on reboot and had the recurring problem mentioned above. Downgrading to 3.6 brought back the old matching and upgrading to 3.8 still had the problem. but when i downgraded a second time and then upgraded to put the screenshots together, it now seems to be working correctly. Have no idea what that was, maybe some weird config issue in windows 8.1? Anyway, if it reoccurs, I will document it again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Maybe some cache inconsistency? I can't reproduce the issue neither. Let me know if it happens again.
maCyo

Post by maCyo »

I think i have the same problem.
Cannot use the match Button.

If i use the Rightclick in input field it works...
2013-12-09 19_54_26-FileBot.png
2013-12-09 19_53_36-FileBot.png
before 3.8 it works
Last edited by maCyo on 09 Dec 2013, 18:59, edited 2 times in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you get an Info message. Just read the info message carefully, and do what it says.

other thread:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 6897#p6897
maCyo

Post by maCyo »

I know and i understand that i have to hit the Fetch Data Button or use the rightclick and hit the source. Both do the same...
But for what do i need the Match button now? I have to click the Fetch Data Button every time i want to rename something.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

"Match" button matches up items on the left with items on the right. Since 2007.

If left and right are both empty, then Match can't match anything, and instead of doing nothing previous versions just opened the Fetch Data popup for you, which is why you didn't know what the Match button is for in the first place, which is why it is now telling you you're using it wrong. :P
maCyo

Post by maCyo »

ok ok make sense. But it was a so nice and big button in the middle for "fetch data" you can hit even if you're drunk ;-)

Is there a chance for a new big maybe an additional Fetch Data Button in the middle? :-)