[Read timed out] TheTVDB is down

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

[Read timed out] TheTVDB is down

Post by rednoah »

api.thetvdb.com is down sometimes. Their servers work most of the time, but sometimes they don't work. No worries. It happens. Just try again later. Give them a day or two to get things running smoothly again.

Code: Select all

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to retrieve authorization token due to network or server error: Read timed out

Code: Select all

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Please visit the TheTVDB Forums for more detailed information on known issues and downtime:
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewforum.php?f=17

:arrow: In the meanwhile, just choose a different database, such as AniDB, TheMovieDB::TV or TVmaze for your immediate renaming needs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Wolfie

Re: [Read timed out] TheTVDB is down

Post by Wolfie »

I think this is a bug in FileBot. When TheTVDB is down, then FileBot should create a temporal path to the future when the server will be working again and use that... 🤣

Okay being serious, when it's down, the GUI gives a little error message in a window, but that message disappears kind of quick and there's no way to see what the message was. Any chance of an option to make it stay until someone clicks a little "x" to make it go away? Or at least provide something to click to see what the message was (something that would only appear when there is a message to see)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Wolfie wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 06:54 When TheTVDB is down, then FileBot should create a temporal path to the future when the server will be working again and use that... 🤣
Why did I not think of this elegant yet simple solution? :oops:

EDIT:

FileBot r7624+1i now implements time travel. Mostly untested though. Might work. Might not, and break local space time.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Wolfie wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 06:54 Any chance of an option to make it stay until someone clicks a little "x" to make it go away? Or at least provide something to click to see what the message was (something that would only appear when there is a message to see)?
You can check the error log for details. Press F5 and then click the Image warning button to view the log.

Alternatively, you can also click on the notification window to copy & paste the message.

EDIT:

FileBot r7624 doubles the current notification timeout, i.e. warnings should now display for 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

rednoah wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 07:17
Wolfie wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 06:54 When TheTVDB is down, then FileBot should create a temporal path to the future when the server will be working again and use that... 🤣
Why did I not think of this elegant yet simple solution? :oops:

EDIT:

FileBot r7624+1i now implements time travel. Mostly untested though. Might work. Might not, and break local space time.
Am I to assume that there are no guarantees against any issues, paradoxes, etc, such as seen in the BTTF movies, Quantum Leap, Legends of Tomorrow, etc, and is a "use at your own risk" feature?

rednoah wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 07:19
Wolfie wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 06:54 Any chance of an option to make it stay until someone clicks a little "x" to make it go away? Or at least provide something to click to see what the message was (something that would only appear when there is a message to see)?
You can check the error log for details. Press F5 and then click the Image warning button to view the log.

Alternatively, you can also click on the notification window to copy & paste the message.

EDIT:

FileBot r7624 doubles the current notification timeout, i.e. warnings should now display for 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
Either I didn't know about the F5 to see that, or I forgot. Of course, I know that there are some hidden features, just haven't learn of them all yet. Thanks!
Alfke

Post by Alfke »

Although the temporal path is the best answer, is there a way filebot can prompt for a predetermined alternative?

EG; "Would you like filebot to search TheMovieDB instead?"
Licensed User
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Alfke wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 18:01 "Would you like filebot to search TheMovieDB instead?"
You can always wrap your amc script call in your own shell script, have it observe the output and exit code, and then call the amc script again with a different set of arguments depending on the situation.