Where is the menu option for subtitles

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
mk553

Where is the menu option for subtitles

Post by mk553 »

Just purchased FileBot, but I'm having trouble with the subtitles.

1) If right-clicking on my MP4 files to rename, then opening with FileBot, the subtitles option is not available.
2) When launching FileBot normally, I do see the subtitles option/menu, but I get "Filebot 401 Unauthorized" error when trying to lookup common movies.

Using Mac ver 4.9.1 (7372)

Please advise.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Where is the menu option for subtitles

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the post! Before a real human comes by, please make sure your report has all the following points checked:
  • What are you trying to do achieve? What's not working? What have you tried so far?
  • Include screenshots, logs or filenames (i.e. demonstrate the issue)
  • Include System Information (i.e. filebot -script fn:sysinfo console output)
:idea: Please read How to Request Help and Fix Problems, Report Bugs, Get Features.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1)
Did you purchase FileBot from the Mac App Store? Due to limitations enforced by Apple App Review, that particular edition does not and cannot support subtitles:
viewtopic.php?t=5983

2)
What does the log say?
mk553

Post by mk553 »

Thanks for your response. After further review, it appears I need an account with OpenSubtitles.

I hope FileBot will have options to other sources for subtitles soon.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

mk553 wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 02:03 If right-clicking on my MP4 files to rename, then opening with FileBot, the subtitles option is not available.
mk553 wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:57 After further review, it appears I need an account with OpenSubtitles.
Alright. Glad you figured it out. I have no idea what's going on though, since these two posts seem to be conflicting from my understanding. In any case, if you continue to have trouble, please include screenshots and logs, otherwise it's not possible for use to see what you see.
mk553

Post by mk553 »

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the issue where the subtitles menu isn't available when right-mouse clicking a file and opening that way (launching via file association, in other words) continues to be an issue. Not a big problem, just an inconvenience.

I'd include a picture attachment, but I don't see how. Hopefully you notice it as well.

I'm using the Mac version.

Best regards.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not have Finder context menu integration, so you won't find any FileBot menu in Finder, although advanced users may choose to create their own Quick Actions via Automator.

rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40 Useful Links: