FEATURE REQUEST - DOWNLOAD MOVIE TRAILER

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Rogue

FEATURE REQUEST - DOWNLOAD MOVIE TRAILER

Post by Rogue »

I can't find it so I am guessing FileBot does not have it.

To be able to drag and drop a Movie file and have FileBot got to YouTube or where ever and download the Official Movie Trailer like the way it works for subtitles or some similar way. I get movies and some times its a while before I can watch them and by that time I don't know what the movie is about so I have to go and search YouTube and then watch it.

If this is not possible or too complicated then just get the Description of the movie say from IMDB and put it in a text file where the movie is located.

Something to just figure out what the movie is about.

Great product! Thank you for all the hard work you have done already!
A Fan and permanent buyer every year!
rednoah
The Source

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - DOWNLOAD MOVIE TRAILER

Post by rednoah »

Rogue wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 19:50 If this is not possible or too complicated then just get the Description of the movie say from IMDB and put it in a text file where the movie is located.
If you enable the Export NFO files post-processing option then FileBot will generate NFO files which will include the movie synopsis among all the other movie metadata:
viewtopic.php?t=11079

:idea: That being said, you'll want to use Plex or Emby. They will take care of the eye candy, posters, artwork, descriptions, ratings, trailers, etc.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

So would it be possible to have FileBot download Movie trailers like Filebot does subtitles?

Trailers give you such a great idea what the movie is going to be like.

I don't use any media player server to watch on my computer monitor. I just click on the movie in the file manager and plays on my computer screen.

Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Rogue wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 02:33 So would it be possible to have FileBot download Movie trailers like Filebot does subtitles?
Unfortunately, downloading trailers from YouTube is out of scope for now. You'll have to look into 3rd party tools for that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.