REQ: 1 click buttons on the Synology desktop

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
aglyons

REQ: 1 click buttons on the Synology desktop

Post by aglyons »

I've read the docs that talk about configuring Filebot Node on a Synology to create task scheduler items but I don't want to create a scheduled task. I run Filebot as needed.

What I find a bit of a pain is that my workflow keeps movies and TV shows separate. I've had matching issues just letting FB work out which is which before and I've had much better success keeping them apart. So that means I have to manually change the source path from Mov to TV and the match type and then run the script again.

I'd love to see a way to create a button that would execute the script where I could have two buttons. One for TV and one for Mov. Ultimately this would be awesome if these buttons could be on the desktop.

Is there currently a way to get this working like that?
rednoah
The Source

Re: REQ: 1 click buttons on the Synology desktop

Post by rednoah »

aglyons wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 18:50 I've read the docs that talk about configuring Filebot Node on a Synology to create task scheduler items but I don't want to create a scheduled task.
You can disable the schedule and manually run a task if and when needed:
https://www.synology.com/en-global/know ... kscheduler

:idea: Presumably, there's also mobile apps or other 3rd party tools that will allow you kick off scheduled tasks via the API at the press of a button from your phone or desktop.

aglyons wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 18:50 What I find a bit of a pain is that my workflow keeps movies and TV shows separate. I've had matching issues just letting FB work out which is which before and I've had much better success keeping them apart.
That is the recommended way of doing things:
https://www.filebot.net/amc.html

You can make life easier for yourself by organizing files like so:

Code: Select all

/path/to/input/Movies
/path/to/input/TV Shows
and then use the parent folder as input:

Code: Select all

/path/to/input
:idea: The Movies and TV Shows folders will tell FileBot what is what.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
aglyons

Post by aglyons »

Awesome! Thanks rednoah!

Now all I need to do is figure out how to drop a shortcut on the DSM desktop to trigger the scheduled task or run the script.

Came across this but I haven't wrapped my head around it as yet - https://github.com/vletroye/Mods

If anyone else knows how I'd appreciate the guidance.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It'll be easier to use a generic SSH phone app, configure login details for your NAS, and then send pre-defined commands to your NAS from there.

Alternatively, there should be a way to run Synology Task Scheduler task via curl requests. Google a glance didn't yield copy-and-paste solutions, though you could ask Synology support.

EDIT:

:arrow: Note that FileBot Node provides a simple API of sorts that you can access via pressing a link in your browser to execute a scheduled task. Click on the Schedule button and it'll turn into an Execute button and open a new tab on click, executing the command and streaming the output:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.