SEVERE: Bad License Key

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
migscolombia

Post by migscolombia »

My license expired and, like every year i purchased a new one. Only this year the license renewal didnt work, due to the fact that the email address is somehow hard coded into the app. Well, this email doesn't exist anymore. So I contacted Paddle, after almost a week they finally responded and sent me the license key to my new email address. However, the key doesn't work,

Code: Select all

SEVERE: Bad License Key: SEVERE: Bad License Key: PGP SIGNED MESSAGE not found (8 lines)
Feb 11, 2021 8:29:07 AM net.filebot.UserInteraction configureLicense
~~~
iQEzBAEBCgAdFiEEc1MV/TP2QOyyCr5UyhKNCCTOINkFAmAgA4wACgkQyhKNCCTO
INlyQQf8CnPrpxPVEMjQ+iF15cThhSPGPy5Y9TN721uGWaJUhyLUPa0FYUdPGHWB
iTp4e4aQdc7XDISJYgeNdXyoZOhQL6XxIfM25MxiBZpZx0BfOAs2OYZFbw84kuw8
hFAJaC9lW4kzLt05+faVh/PwHVeMYoQflllb2cWOaPbOMt+ra/Lu4MQo9zCSyCgV
ERuFjE1lOwFNl/BWnjGBOQn+uATc2up0D2TjyajWXp2QOoEDxPPEXRFEc/RE60o5
vFZfR6JK+psl3mrEjwys1eZG8rAjdEexfauMBM1e6BXz8qq3nT34LinyWtVJQj0s
uxl3GWqKIaNGNilWdzqhazpRqC6QfA==
=Nj9b
~~~
I have written once again to Paddle to get this cleared up, and once again they take their sweet time in responding.

I am not a developer (though I have worked in IT for over 30 years) and don't know the first, middle or last thing about Java, but your license implementation sucks.

For a measly 4 dollars i would just buy a new license key, but because of the hard coded email address i am sure it wont work again.

I have scrubbed the registry of all mention of filebot, reinstalled and nothing, same issue.

Please tell Paddle to respond in a timely fashion or tell me how to get rid of EVERYTHING on my computer, short of reinstalling
rednoah
The Source

Re: Bad license key

Post by rednoah »

:!: Please PM me your Paddle Order Number and old / new email address so I can reissue / resend your license to your correct email address.

According to the log, copy & paste is giving you trouble because you're not copying the complete license key. Please copy and paste the entire text in the grey area below License Key as shown in the instructions:
https://www.filebot.net/activate.html
rednoah wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 07:21 1. Paddle Payment & License Confirmation:

:idea: You may Select & Copy the License Key text and then click on Paste License Key in the FileBot application when prompted to activate FileBot.

:idea: Please select the entire text in the grey text area under License Key (including BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE at the very top and END PGP SIGNATURE at the very bottom).

migscolombia wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 13:33 Only this year the license renewal didnt work, due to the fact that the email address is somehow hard coded into the app. Well, this email doesn't exist anymore.
The Paddle checkout form will indeed skip email entry nowadays if your email address can be inferred from your current license key, though there will be a Not you? Change element on the lower right that you can click to go back one step if you want to manually enter a different email address.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.