SEVERE: MOVE: The parameter is incorrect.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Greetings,

V4.9.3; Just updated, installed, and attempting to rename a matched TV show. Matched fine w/TVDB, clicked rename, observed error.

I read the "how to ask for help link". I have a screenshot, but I don't see an option on either inlining into this post or attaching the file to the post. It is, however, unlikely to add any value to the triage effort(s). It's just an image of the filebot GUI w/the original filename on the left and the matched name on the right. It shows the 'rename' button selected/pressed and the big red bordered error box at the top of the screen w/"MOVE: The parameter is incorrect." inside the box.

sysinfo and log data are here.

Please advise.
rednoah
The Source

Re: SEVERE: MOVE: The parameter is incorrect.

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Win32Exception: The parameter is incorrect.
	at net.filebot.platform.windows.COM.Shell32Util.SHCreateItemFromParsingName(Unknown Source)
The parameter is incorrect. is a Windows error message that would indicate an invalid file path in this case. Did you test with different files to see if you can narrow down the culprit to a single specific file or use case? Are you processing local files, or files on a remote network drive?

:arrow: You can press F7 to copy and paste debug information (i.e. file paths as text). You can share screenshots via an image hosting site (e.g. https://snipboard.io/) of your choice and then share the link.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Greetings,

The file is a cifs share off my NAS. I didn't try it w/any other files, but I did dx 4.9.3 and reinstall 4.9.1 which works fine. I've never had this particular issue prior to updating to 4.9.3. and, as just mentioned, 4.9.1 has no such issue. I, then reinstalled 4.9.3 and the issue presents itself. As such it would seem that it's a safe bet it's not an issue w/the share/windows/NAS.

paths as text:

foo\bar\The.Rookie.S03E06.mkv	{"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"The Rookie","season":3,"episode":6,"title":"Revelations","airdate":{"year":2021,"month":2,"day":21},"id":8167883,"seriesInfo":{"database":"TheTVDB","order":"Airdate","language":"en","type":"TV Series","id":350665,"name":"The Rookie","aliasNames":["Rookie","Новобранецът","Zelenáč","El Novato","The Rookie : le flic de Los Angeles","Rookie : le flic de Los Angeles","Az újonc","더 루키","Rekrut","Новичок","Новобранець","菜鳥老警","菜鸟老警","老菜鸟","中年菜鸟","Салага","Новобранец","Новачок","новичок"],"certification":"TV-14","startDate":{"year":2018,"month":10,"day":16},"genres":["Action","Comedy","Crime","Drama"],"network":"ABC (US)","rating":8.3,"ratingCount":83,"runtime":45,"status":"Continuing"}}

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Strange indeed. I guess Windows doesn't like .. relative paths in certain contexts... I'll look into it.

:arrow: You should be able to work around this kind of issue by having your format generate absolute destination paths:

{folder.dir}/{plex}
{folder} ... absolute folder path of the original file

EDIT:

Fixed with FileBot r8339.
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Thank you very much!
Xeensd

Post by Xeensd »

Thanks for the fix in advance.

I have encountered the same issue when I updated to 4.9.3. I am editing data on a NAS [UnRaid NAS - from another computer - Windows based] similar to the user above.

I really appreciate this tool. Has helped significantly in organization.

Xeen
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

Thanks, for this, it solved my problem too.

I was using ./ and ../

now using {folder} and {folder.dir}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r8340 will now resolve relative file paths before passing them on to Windows APIs. The new binaries have been pushed at the beginning of the week, so you can use that as well now if you want to keep your original format.
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

Thanks for fixing the relative file paths, I have reverted back to using them and tested it within the current Beta and it works just fine.
Not wasting screen space to show folder structure is very very helpful.

I don't know how to identify which version the Beta is (revision r8340). I used the one of today's date, or hopefully latest. :P

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The latest stable release package includes a fix for this particular issue:
viewtopic.php?p=53824#p53824

You can use the standard download section for FileBot r8340:
https://www.filebot.net/download.html