Option to append episode names?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
ItonKiton

Option to append episode names?

Post by ItonKiton »

Hi, currently when I select episodes from the episodes tab and do Send To -> Rename, it clears out the new names list. Could there be an option to append instead? I know you can manually move each single episode/match but when you're dealing with 1000+ series doing that takes way too much time.

For the example below, adding some folders to FileBot puts it in Season 1, Season 3, Season 2 order and obviously that's going to cause the New Names to be matched incorrectly. If append was available I could just go to Episodes, Select Season 1 and send to Rename, Select Season 3 and send to Rename, and then Select season 2 and send to Rename. When it comes to Anime an append option would be immensely helpful especially with series that have specials that don't get matched normally.

rednoah
The Source

Re: Option to append episode names?

Post by rednoah »

Why not do things season by season? Based on the screenshot, your files are already in order, so you can mostly skip numeric matching since the order of files already aligns with the order of episodes.

:arrow: Select Episode 1-12 and Send to Rename. Hit Rename. Select the next 5 Blood Trail episodes and Send to Rename and hit Rename. Repeat for each group of episodes. That way New Names will never show episodes that you don't want, because you never select and send them in the first place.

:idea: Note that you can append Episodes. If you use drag-n-drop, then you can choose between a move-drop (replace) and a copy-drop (append) using the modifier keys.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ItonKiton

Post by ItonKiton »

rednoah wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 04:48 Why not do things season by season? Based on the screenshot, your files are already in order, so you can mostly skip numeric matching since the order of files already aligns with the order of episodes.

:arrow: Select Episode 1-12 and Send to Rename. Hit Rename. Select the next 5 Blood Trail episodes and Send to Rename and hit Rename. Repeat for each group of episodes. That way New Names will never show episodes that you don't want, because you never select and send them in the first place.

:idea: Note that you can append Episodes. If you use drag-n-drop, then you can choose between a move-drop (replace) and a copy-drop (append) using the modifier keys.
Hi, going season by season is very time consuming when you're dealing with over 1000 series. For reference, I'm renaming series on a mounted gdrive for use with Emby and the renaming action is already time consuming because of that. I'm already going season by season for a lot of these series because most of them have files which are not already in order. Renaming goes faster when I can select multiple folders at a time but if the series contains specials, ovas, epsisode 00s, random naming structures because the encoder for that series had a stroke, and such then I have to manually do that folder. I know you can append folders by holding ctrl when you drag the folder into filebot but why not allow the same thing from the episodes tab? Have holding CTRL when sending to rename append the episode names instead of replacing them? Please consider it, this would save me so much time.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ItonKiton wrote: 08 Mar 2021, 18:29 I know you can append folders by holding ctrl when you drag the folder into filebot but why not allow the same thing from the episodes tab?
You can drag-n-drop selected episodes from Episodes into Rename ➔ New Names.

:arrow: If you have a lot of work ahead of you, then you may prefer to open 2 FileBot instances at the same time. Open Rename in the first. Open Episodes in the second. Align side-by-side so that you can drag-n-drop from one side to the other easily.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ItonKiton

Post by ItonKiton »

I didn't know you could drag the episodes list from one Filebot instance to another. Thanks for the tip that will definitely speed things up.