Additional or free form of "--order" option?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
xaeiou

Additional or free form of "--order" option?

Post by xaeiou »

Hi,

I think this may be a feature request, or perhaps a need for hint on more sophisticated use of the CLI.

I came across this entry on TVDB:

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/long-way ... sons/dvd/1

The episode order is listed under "Extended" or "Extended Version".

Using "--order DVD" doesn't work, that still fetches the 6 episode version, not the 10 episode version.

--order "Extended", and --order "Extended Version" give the "Extended not in [Airdate, DVD, Absolute, AbsoluteAirdate]" error.

Is there some way we could access this unusual ordering on TVDB? Not sure if a free form string is possible, that would be ideal to handle these corner cases, but I guess that depends on how TVDB structures the database. If not, could an additional order type be added? I'm not sure how many of these special orderings there are, this is the first one I've come across.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Additional or free form of "--order" option?

Post by rednoah »

According to the URL, this listing is indeed DVD order. However, the API response only includes episodes that are part of the main order with DVD numbers attached to them, and won't include episodes that are only part custom order. The latter case wasn't possible until recent introduction of custom orders.

:idea: This is a known server-side API bug. The solution would be upgrading to the new API v4 but since it's not working well yet, we stick with the stable API v2 for now.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
xaeiou

Re: Additional or free form of "--order" option?

Post by xaeiou »

rednoah wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 02:53 According to the URL, this listing is indeed DVD order. However, the API response only includes episodes that are part of the main order with DVD numbers attached to them, and won't include episodes that are only part custom order. The latter case wasn't possible until recent introduction of custom orders.

:idea: This is a known server-side API bug. The solution would be upgrading to the new API v4 but since it's not working well yet, we stick with the stable API v2 for now.
Gottit. Thanks very much rednoah.

For anyone else like me who has come across this for the first time: in the first instance, as usual, try another database. In this specific case "--db TVmaze" works. Searching the filebot forums for "joined order", "alternate order" and "episode groups" provided me some interesting background reading on that is happening in the various databases in this area of custom episode ordering.