I bought Filebot from the Microsoft store for $9.99 in late 2016. Do I get some legacy license?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
imnotgoodatthis

I bought Filebot from the Microsoft store for $9.99 in late 2016. Do I get some legacy license?

Post by imnotgoodatthis »

I read the active license directions and it says to check for email from [email protected] I never got an email from there. When I check emails I find original purchase:

Figured I deserve the license thing. :) If it matters, once back then I got mad that Filebot wasn't working and said I was just gonna buy it again. :) ty
rednoah
The Source

Re: I bought Filebot from the Microsoft store for $9.99 in late 2016. Do I get some legacy license?

Post by rednoah »

Why not keep using the Microsoft Store edition?

:idea: The Microsoft Store works just fine. The universal license has no benefit to you if you are able to install software from the Microsoft Store.

:idea: If you have purchased FileBot from the Microsoft Store, then your purchase / license is stored in your Microsoft Account. You will not receive a separate universal license. Please read FileBot Pricing Explained for details. But, if you want a complimentary 1-year universal license, then you're late, but we can make an exception for you.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
imnotgoodatthis

Re: I bought Filebot from the Microsoft store for $9.99 in late 2016. Do I get some legacy license?

Oh awesome, tyvm. Just got it from Windows Store, didn't know it worked that way.
imnotgoodatthis

Well, it's not quite fixed yet. Now when I click to rename it tells me "License Required." It won't work without this license, and one of the links is a 1 year subscription for $6.

Really? I bought this program 5 years ago, do I need to buy a lifetime now for $48?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you purchase and install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, then it will never ask for a license. If FileBot is asking for a license, then you're not using the Microsoft Store version. Please uninstall all versions of FileBot that you may have installed, and then install FileBot exclusively via the Microsoft Store.

:arrow: https://get.filebot.net/windows/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.